“Fantastic”

Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am a business traveller and I regurally stay at this hotel when I am in Egypt. overall the stay is always comfortable and rooms are clean. The only issue is from time to time they have big wedding parties with a lot of noise but I usually ask the staff if there is anything happening and try to get rooms far away from the main buuilding. The staff are professional and nice and always happy to help. The internet connection is not very good and very expensive. thats the only negative point for business users

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Warm Greetings from Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo Media City.

I would like to express our greatest appreciation for giving us the chance of serving you. Please be sure that each guest’s opinion is very valuable to us and we are delighted to know that we took part of your good memories while staying with us. Thank you very much for your attention and loyalty to Moevenpick Hotels and please know that it is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future and please be sure that we will take all measures to insure your satisfaction at all times.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nice place away from the hassles of the city. The staff are very friendly, and are always quick to serve and respond "with pleasure". Don't be afraid to ask for something you might need. Mr Hakim from the F&B staff promptly had a coffee maker put in my room when I told him I liked coffee. This is a great value, and very relaxing location. Gaming Casino, but you need $USD!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony or patio, and the rooms towards the back of the complex are very secluded...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Reviewed April 19, 2013

1. my room (22116) was in front of some huge boiler or air conditioning units which produce a lot of noise all over the night

2. wired internet did not work, so I reported the problem. I got a new Ethernet cable, which still didn't work. It was late in the night, so I just gave up

3. the bathroom had a strong smell of mould

4. the room service menu was dirty and had pen strokes all over its pages

5. the bed cover had a cigarette hole in it (I thought I ordered a non-smoking room)

6. the power socket was loose and very dirty

7. the bathroom ceiling had visible dirt spots from maintenance work

8. upon checkout, the receptionist said that I had to pay cash because they had an issue with the bank

9. I handed the receptionist 220 EGP to settle a bill of 210.72 EGP, but he told me that he owes me 10 EGP and kept staring at me for a while without moving. I understood that I won't get my 10 EGP.

10. I have given my address on the booking, but, somehow, my address on the final invoice had 4 mistakes in it

I would have turned a blind eye on those issues in a 3-star hotel, but I find it totally unacceptable in 5-star Moevenpick.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Warm Greetings from Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo Media-City.

I would like to express our greatest appreciation for your honest feed back and we truly regret if we were not able to meet your expectations in any way. Please be sure that each guest’s opinion is very valuable to us and we take all comments very seriously to improve our services in the best way possible. Unfortunately we were not successful in making your stay with us more memorable, and for that we truly apologize. Once again please accept our sincere apologies and all we wish for is for another chance to try to change this experience. Thank you very much for your attention and loyalty to Moevenpick Hotels and please know that it is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future and please be sure that we will take all measures to insure your satisfaction at all times.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Moevenpick a lot and Food should be much better. In general I had a great time with you Thanks for all the staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Reviewed April 17, 2013

great hotel. Great facilities. Great staff. Sad I didn't have time to utilise more of the facilities as I was there on business and the work load was to much. If I have to return to Cairo in the future then the movenpick would be my choice for sure.Few mosquito problems in bar but not a big deal

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank bigvern70

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Business again, so here for a week without getting to use the facilities,

Overall a nice hotel but let down on some simple things that as a business user (it being in the business district) would favour over the tourist.

Arrived late in the evening and got driven to my apartment set up the old laptop & then found there was no complementary wireless so had to trudge back to reception to get a voucher (not doing it online) believe 7 days is E£600 (GBP£60) so a tad expensive.

The room was well kept and house keeping were vigilant on the upkeep over my stay, would have been nice to have some bottles of water each day as there was one when I arrived, and that was it for the whole week. Bit of a trek to the reception and restaurants though.

Food was generally nice if not a little general for my tastes and a bit limited on the variety. Buffet lunch was a pleasant surprise just a shame it was on the last day I was there.

Location is out of the way in the Media City district and driving there its a bit of a wasteland.

Staff very friendly which always makes things feel a bit better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Warm Greetings from Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo Media-City.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Moevenpick a lot and I'd prefer that you get easier transportation to go to down town and if you lowered your Taxi prices a little bit I think that it would get more tourists.
Food should be much better.
In general I had a great time with you
Thanks for all the staff

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013