Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City
$50
$47
$115
  • Restaurant
Pyramids View Inn(Giza)(Great Value!)
$40
$35
$60
$50
$180
$71
$69
1,018 results
All reviewsaqua parkkids areamovenpick hotelkids clubhouse keepingbusiness tripnice hotelswimming poolfront officeclustercairowaelmrarabiarelaxationpyramidstraffic
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I was invited to a wedding at Movenpick Media City hotel, and everything was just amazing, food, service, cleanliness, the aminities in the bride room, people there are very helpful. Even I recommended the hotel for my marriage anniversary and went there. I enjoyed everything..quite place in the city instead of going into far distances..the kids had a lot of fun. It's just perfect

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are near to the pools
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Amira Z
Reviewed December 28, 2011

This is quite a good hotel but quite far from the city area. If you wish to be near to activities and the city area, this will not be a good choice for you.

Rooms are very clean, comfortable and spacious and the bathroom is very large.

Wifi is practically non existence in this hotel :(

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank queenic
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We went for business, and it was not crowded as the revolution was going on at that time. There were not many people at the hotel, so it took some of is charm, buffet was very good and pool was very nice. Rooms were slightly outdated, but i guess they are designed for vacation and mostly summer, at that time it was cold. Overall, nice hotel would go back if needed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Amiranour, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear izarauz,

The Social Media team

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I am a business man. Internet connection is utmost important to me.
1-In their web site, they state there is wireless internet connection in the rooms. This is not true! Check it:

2-They stated during checkin that the internet is free of charge. However, if you want to connect from different devices at different times (laptop, iphone), they want to charge you extra money. If you don't know this, and want to stick to one device, they cannot do it. They keep telling the same thing: I should pay extra.

Having traveled more than 30 countries, minimum 1-2 times each month, I can say that, this hotel does not have any idea of what 'service business' is.

Room Tip: No wireless in the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Business X
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our wedding in this hotel. We paid quite a lot of money as we were inviting around 230 guests. The set-up was spactacular for a morning wedding since the weather was tantalizing. We had a dedicated shadow man who made our day very special. At the very begining when I went to review the setup some of the chairs covers were torn and 1 table had a broken glass, but when I queeried about the status, they said they will work on it.Although, they weren't going to change it unless I have asked becaused they have furnished the whole setup and were bumped by my comment, but managment team were very helpful. We picked the best package they had but outsoured our videographer and photographer since the ones they are dealing with didn't seem of good quality and my wife wanted something really special. I would also recommend outsourcing the DJ, the company they are dealing with is good for an easy task but will not provide as much as you would require. For instance if you ask for a commercial song that you haven't provided prior to the event, then you are most likely to be surprised with an answering saying the song is not available. The food quality was very good, but the buffet lacked 7 items that we paid for. We also paid for a refillable open buffet and unfortunately a lot of guests ended up not finding any desert left except for the Om Ali (oriental desert). Morewever, all food was served cold as they didnt place any heating elements to keep the food at least war. I believe that the hotel is not aware of the incidents and someone from the staff either forgot the items or was trying to enhance his profits. To give them the benefit of the doubt, we have informed the banquet office of what has occured and currently awaiting their response and will surely post an update of what has occured. Furthermore, the hotel is huge, greenery, lovely landscaping and our suite was overlooking the pool. The weather was bedazzling and the staff was always welcoming and smiling. Yet, the breakfast open buffet is very limited and is no match to a 5 star hotel. The room furniture are kind of old, our TV cupboard had one if the sliding doors broken and was going to fall on my wife, but the suite is extremely spacious. They have 2 restuarants. the main one and another italian one by the pool which closes relatively early. Our late dinner was at the main restuarant as the Italian has closed by then which was at 17:00.
The selection a la carte menu was extremely limited. The staff didn't know the details written on the menu. We ordered the curry prawn, burger and the BBQ'ed chicken and beef pieces and we received a totally different thing than what is described on the menu, inaddition to the missing items that were shown being served with the main dish. The burger was ok, however the prawns weren't good. The hotel is dealing with a lot of different parking which makes you feel that you are consistently paying for stuff. such as the parking for an example. The limousine service that took us to the airport was a 7 series BMW of year 2009, although we were told it was a 2012 one and we paid USD 100 for that.
I will send another review of how did they come back to the pending matters.

Room Tip: It's remotely allocated and will take you at least 20 mins to reach the closest big market ( Hyper one) and around 1 hour to reach downtown and another hour to reach Nasr City and it's neighbouring regions. So if you go there you will be mainly headed to relax and agree to what is available within the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple