“Good hotel but quite far from the city area”

Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Giza
singapore
“Good hotel but quite far from the city area”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

This is quite a good hotel but quite far from the city area. If you wish to be near to activities and the city area, this will not be a good choice for you.

Rooms are very clean, comfortable and spacious and the bathroom is very large.

Wifi is practically non existence in this hotel :(

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank queenic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We went for business, and it was not crowded as the revolution was going on at that time. There were not many people at the hotel, so it took some of is charm, buffet was very good and pool was very nice. Rooms were slightly outdated, but i guess they are designed for vacation and mostly summer, at that time it was cold. Overall, nice hotel would go back if needed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Turkey, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I am a business man. Internet connection is utmost important to me.
1-In their web site, they state there is wireless internet connection in the rooms. This is not true! Check it:

2-They stated during checkin that the internet is free of charge. However, if you want to connect from different devices at different times (laptop, iphone), they want to charge you extra money. If you don't know this, and want to stick to one device, they cannot do it. They keep telling the same thing: I should pay extra.

Having traveled more than 30 countries, minimum 1-2 times each month, I can say that, this hotel does not have any idea of what 'service business' is.

Room Tip: No wireless in the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Business X
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our wedding in this hotel. We paid quite a lot of money as we were inviting around 230 guests. The set-up was spactacular for a morning wedding since the weather was tantalizing. We had a dedicated shadow man who made our day very special. At the very begining when I went to review the setup some of the chairs covers were torn and 1 table had a broken glass, but when I queeried about the status, they said they will work on it.Although, they weren't going to change it unless I have asked becaused they have furnished the whole setup and were bumped by my comment, but managment team were very helpful. We picked the best package they had but outsoured our videographer and photographer since the ones they are dealing with didn't seem of good quality and my wife wanted something really special. I would also recommend outsourcing the DJ, the company they are dealing with is good for an easy task but will not provide as much as you would require. For instance if you ask for a commercial song that you haven't provided prior to the event, then you are most likely to be surprised with an answering saying the song is not available. The food quality was very good, but the buffet lacked 7 items that we paid for. We also paid for a refillable open buffet and unfortunately a lot of guests ended up not finding any desert left except for the Om Ali (oriental desert). Morewever, all food was served cold as they didnt place any heating elements to keep the food at least war. I believe that the hotel is not aware of the incidents and someone from the staff either forgot the items or was trying to enhance his profits. To give them the benefit of the doubt, we have informed the banquet office of what has occured and currently awaiting their response and will surely post an update of what has occured. Furthermore, the hotel is huge, greenery, lovely landscaping and our suite was overlooking the pool. The weather was bedazzling and the staff was always welcoming and smiling. Yet, the breakfast open buffet is very limited and is no match to a 5 star hotel. The room furniture are kind of old, our TV cupboard had one if the sliding doors broken and was going to fall on my wife, but the suite is extremely spacious. They have 2 restuarants. the main one and another italian one by the pool which closes relatively early. Our late dinner was at the main restuarant as the Italian has closed by then which was at 17:00.
The selection a la carte menu was extremely limited. The staff didn't know the details written on the menu. We ordered the curry prawn, burger and the BBQ'ed chicken and beef pieces and we received a totally different thing than what is described on the menu, inaddition to the missing items that were shown being served with the main dish. The burger was ok, however the prawns weren't good. The hotel is dealing with a lot of different parking which makes you feel that you are consistently paying for stuff. such as the parking for an example. The limousine service that took us to the airport was a 7 series BMW of year 2009, although we were told it was a 2012 one and we paid USD 100 for that.
I will send another review of how did they come back to the pending matters.

Room Tip: It's remotely allocated and will take you at least 20 mins to reach the closest big market ( Hyp...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ABebars
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Positive Points: Very friendly and professional staff. • Spacious and comfortable rooms. • Good sleeping quality. • Good value to cost. • Comfortable and relaxing environment (only if no party on the pool).
Improvement Points: Room service response (added as separate cost over the room charge). • No free water. • No coffee facilities. • No ironing facilities.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Having stayed at the 'Ice Hotel', when I found out that my agent had booked me at the Movevenpick, I was hoping it would be an 'Ice Cream Hotel'. Just kidding. The irony is that one of the weakest parts of my stay was the ice cream. I tried to get some with room service, but it is only sold until 10 pm and then I bought an ice cream milkshake which was quite anaemic.

Other than the ice cream, Moevenpick is the place to stay if you are doing business at the Media City which you can virtually walk to (right next door), which I was. The hotel itself is delightful. Grand, polished marble everywhere. Comprehensive facilities. The buffet underwhelmed, but the Italian restaurant exceeded my expectations (and lovely al fresco dining to boot). It features one of the largest pools, I have ever seen (two actually), but it is very shallow. In fact, most of the pool is really a wading pool. Something I find with all Egyptian hotels, though, is that the water is really chilly despite baking in the sun constantly. Maybe some people like this extra degree of refreshingness, but I find it a bit too cold. Also, the hotel complex is massive. If you forget something at reception or your room, it's a 10 minute walk back (they do provide golf buggy service on request).

Room Tip: Choose one close to reception unless you want a long walk or a buggy wait.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Overall experience is not great, not good value for money. We spent a weekend on 9sep2011... The hotel quality an facility was average... On checkin I waited for an hour for someone to fix the safe to put my belongings as it was locked.
What was too bad, that they allowed a noisy celebration on the pool that stayed till 5am, I could not sleep because of it's noise... During they day before the event, we felt very intruded due to the amount of workers fixing the stage and left tools and nedels on the ground that was not safe for my kids... when I tried to sleep after the event was finished, I still couldn't due to the noise of dismantling the stage....
Bad management decision I believe.

• Stayed September 2011