2,384 results
All reviews indian restaurant garden wing old palace historic hotel hunting lodge moghul room pyramid view great pyramid alfredo grounds are beautiful main building new wing the executive lounge amazing location memphis tours an oasis felt very safe
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

A historic hotel visited by many famous people in a spectacular location right next to the pyramids. Comfortable rooms and good service. Dining options, all reasonably priced are outside casual, Egyptian and Indian.
Bear in mind however, that the hotel is a long drive (allow an hour) from the centre of Cairo, and on the other side of town from the airport (allow up to two hours).

Room tip: Pyramid view is a must.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TarekLotfy2, Director of Marketing Communications at Marriott Mena House, Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your generous feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

We spent three nights at the Mena House hotel. We enjoyed every moment of our stay.
The room was very spacious and spotlessly clean.
We ate in three of the onsite restaurants and the food was excellent in all three. We particularly liked our lunches in the Italian restaurant.
The facilities were very good - pool and spa were both lovely. No crowds in sight - perfect
The staff were great. We loved the informal staff-guided tour of the "Churchill" and "Montgomery" suites.
I would return tomorrow .

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 5, 2017

I stayed at the Mena House Hotel from 3-21-17 to 3-31-17. I found the Hotel and the front desk staff were extremely helpful especially when it was discovered there was a new policy concerning the carrying of electronic equipment in the cabin of return flights to the United States and I may not be able to carry my professional camera equipment and lap top back home in my carry-on bag. They immediately assisted and offered to ship everything from the Hotel if needed, they even called FedEx and DHL for me as options. During my stay I found the food was excellent and the restaurant staff were efficient as always. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The Mena House is well known for having many of its staff employed there for decades. The staff here will and do remember returning guests which provides an experience unlike any other Hotel in Egypt. The Mena House has been upgrading its security and now the floors and wings do have security cameras. The location of the Hotel next to the Giza Plateau and Pyramids also gives the Mena House a hands down advantage no other Hotel can offer. You can literally walk out the front gate to the Pyramids. The view from the restaurant or lounge 139 is breath taking, whether you are eating breakfast or dinner and watching the sunset over the pyramids. The Mena House is known for its legendary history and has been described many times as a Hotel with a soul. You have not fully experienced Egypt until you have spent at least a night or two at the Mena House Hotel.

Room tip: Pyramid view rooms allow an excellent from your balconly
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Richard F

Reviewed April 5, 2017

My trip was made perfect by staying at Mena House. Although the music from the wedding party on 2 nights were very loud, I slept easily as I was so tired from the day's activities. I enjoyed getting a glipmse on how posh local weddings are celebrated. The room was well equipped and the view is truly amazing. I hope to return to Cairo with my children and will only stay here.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

A hotel located at the foot of the pyramids, with an extensive list of famous visitors throughout its long history. The hotel is beautiful and having a view of the pyramids while having breakfast is priceless. Great swimming pool area where one can enjoy a nice cocktail on a hot day. The rooms are good, stocked with fresh fruit and water. Ours did not have carpet which I was thankful for, since the carpet throughout the common areas and even in the presidential suite was very dated. The only downside of this hotel was the lack of "in room" Wi-Fi; as I travel a lot I have come to expect it to be available in a five star hotel. They had it available at the hotel lobby and restaurant, however it was quite a walk from our room. Overall a nice experience if you have come to Cairo to be delighted by the pyramids.

Trip type: Traveled with family