This review is a little late, better late than never, huh? I was at the Mean House Hotel back in the first week in April, 2014. In all honesty, I would have never booked this hotel in a thousand years. Memphis Tours booked it for me. My guess is Memphis Tours has a special rate with the Mean House. I'm so glad they did book a room for me, thanks to Memphis Tours I enjoyed an experience that I'll never forget. My room had a view of the Pyramids, at night I could see some of the evening's light show, beautiful. Do a tour of the place, it's a architectural wonder, just beautiful.
The history of the hotel is an amazing story unto itself, the Cairo and Tehran conference in 1943. The guests who have stayed at the Mean House is regular Who's Who of world known personalities. All of that aside, the rooms, the service, the restaurants, an unbelievable good breakfast, loaded with too many items to choose from and also, made to order eggs any style you want.
I think the greatest surprise was the Egyptian people themselves. Honest and truly good hearted people, not a fake face they put on for the tourists. I was having problems getting cash from an ATM, one of waiters or caretakers offered to lend me some money, and he wasn't joking, he was for real. You will not regret your stay at the Mean House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza