We recently took 2 Week Vacation to Egypt which covered two stays in Cairo & a Nile Cruise.
For the First Stay we were at the Beautiful Mena House Hotel (formerly managed by Oberoi).
This historic Property just oozes with charm, with the perfect views of the Pyramids right from the window. We stayed in one of the Executive Suites in the Old Wing (Mena House Palace), it’s amazing décor and furnishings are a world away from the “Modern Concrete Block Hotels”… For us the Room was perfect in every way.
However, it is Service which just “makes” this Hotel the best. We regularly stay in Luxury Properties around the world and we have not experienced such friendly, courteous and professional services for a long time. This place is a real Jewel.
There are several Dining options and the Indian Restaurant “The Moghul Room” certainly lives up to its reputation as the Best in Egypt.
The Main Khan El Khalili (24 Hour) Restaurant served up one of the best Breakfasts in Cario, plenty of choice on the buffet as well as a great range of main courses cooked fresh for you.
We also had Room Service for Breakfast one morning, which again was excellent with all the Breads still hot..
Overall – one of the nicest places we have stayed for a while.. and really glad we chose to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza