We loved this hotel. We stayed in the Garden wing so had a view across the gardens to the pyramids; couldn't see them when we arrived at night, but there they were in the morning! Breakfast is in the beautifully decorated dining room, and is one of the best selections of breakfast food I've seen - the stewed fava beans (called Foul, but not tasting foul!) are typically Egyptian and quite delicious (make sure you add all the accompaniments to it for the full experience). Staff were friendly and helpful, and our evening meal in the Moghul Room Indian restaurant was superb.
I've read some negative reviews about the rooms, but this certainly wasn't our experience. The tea/coffee making facilities were some of the most intelligent I'd seen (no need to plug the kettle in at a spare socket in the room - it was already wired in to the little shelf in the unit), and every time I thought I could do with this or that, it was there in the room. Good shower and bathroom too. Couldn't fault the place and would very happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza