I could not have wished for a more wonderful way to have started our Egyptian holiday. From the moment we were picked up at the airport the Mena House staff were nothing short of excellent.
From the garden workers to the service staff all were just so welcoming and the concierge went out of his way to sort out a sim for my husbands mobile phone.
We were upgraded to the Winston Churchill suite with all its rooms, grandeur and enormous balcony overlooking the pyramids. It was an amazing experience to look out from the rooms to see the pyramids. The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have experienced. The gardens, restaurants, pool all provide a welcome refuge from the chaos outside.The hotel has atmosphere, a wonderful history, incredible position, great service and facilities. The only improvements I could suggest would be free WiFi (why one still has to pay at upmarket hotels I do not know) and greater access hours to the gym.
We were the last of the guests under the Oberoi management having stayed for 3 nights and leaving on 1st Jan 2013. I hope that the Egyptian government will continue to provide the same quality of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza