For the first time, I arrived Cairo without a hotel reservation. At the airport, I made a reservation from a tourist office at Shephard Hotel for $120 per night. I proceeded to the hotel with the office representative in their car and when we arrived, he surprised me with asking for the total cost of the hotel in cash which I didn't have. Therefor, the whole thing was cancelled and the hotel wanted $230 per night which I found a bit crazy. I entered the business center and made a reservation at Cairo Sheraton Hotel and Tower from their web site.
The Hotel is two large towers with over 30 story each. It is a huge hotel with several restaurants and there are shops and duty free in the same building. It was a good hotel but the service wasn't good and thought that the potential of the hotel is more than it is now. I also was bothered by the security people who are at the main entrance because they were asking for tips all the time. I found out that using the side entrance was much better either to avoid the annoying security people or also to walk by the nile river or to get a taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Closed For Renovations Until April 30, 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Cairo Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers Hotel Giza
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers And Casino
- Cairo Sheraton
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel & Casino Egypt/Giza