“Acceptable Business Hotel”

Hilton Pyramids Golf
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Unless you're here for Business, or for the golf, then it's not really a good destination hotel. It's a good hours drive from anything in Cairo itself, why it has Pyramids in the title I'm unsure as they are a fair trek away.

I've used this hotel 8 times and am often dissapointed. The Wifi is very expensive, the food is sub-par, there is a charge for the indoor pool and facilities. The bars are extremely expensive.

Rooms are clean and tidy, but basic, showers vary between perfect temperature and scalding hot.

Room service is often a very long wait and not great upon it's arrival.

Don't get me wrong, this hotel isn't terrible, but far from the Hilton standard you normally expect, yes a Hilton can be a Hilton anywhere but this one is just not great.

Room Tip: Often better to get the poo rooms simply because weddings get very noisy.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Pyramids Golf

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here while on a business trip to Cairo. It was close to my work, but it's about an hour to the airport, and far from the city.

Nice rooms, large and well kept. Public areas were nice too, and kept clean. There is a golf club here (I don't golf), some shops downstairs with gifts, a pharmacy and a bank. I'd advise exchanging your money at the bank, they will give you the current rate and do not charge a fee!

The pool and outside gathering areas are very nice.

The food in the restaurant is good, with a large variety of dishes available. It's all buffet style, which works out well if you are in a hurry.

The room had a mini fridge stocked with pop, beer, snacks. They don't seem to check the fridge very often, even though the instructions say they check it every day.

I never did get used to the weird wall switches, you can't tell if they are on or off, or which way to switch them.

Internet access is not free, and the only wireless access is in the lobby. Bring a wireless access point if you have a phone or tablet and wish wifi in your room.

One night my a/c went out, blowing hot air, and when I called to have it fixed I was told it was due to a power outage earlier and it could not be fixed. I was leaving for the airport that night so it didn't bother me much, but I hope it was fixed for the next guest!

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool seem newer and a bit better than the ones in the main building.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked a triple room for 1 night, the pool is clean, nice and the view of our room was very good overlooking the pool and the gardens. The food needs lots of attention, no much verities and and average quality.

Room Tip: The triple room area is big, it can accommodate 2 extra beds in addition to a sofa and the king bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a nice hotel to spend some days in your visit to Cairo.
Pleasant staff.
Poor internet quality.
Food quality should be better.
The rooms are very big.
Overall the hotel should have some refurbishment.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Mali2010, Manager at Hilton Pyramids Golf, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort for your recent stay, and for visiting this site, as your feedback is a very essential and helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

I am glad to know that all in all you find our hotel as a quit comfortable place to stay while being in Cairo.

I have noted your comments regarding your stay in general, and I was very happy to learn that you were extremely satisfied with the services we provide at the hotel, the huge rooms we offer, the food quality and taste and the bar experience which does worth to menationed that it has been supported and upgraded recently by a unique entertainment program covers the whole week days and the variety of our valuable customers as well.

Your positive comments have been communicated to the team who puts Hilton promise on the top of their priorities that to ensure every guest is respected, valued and cared for.

Sir, I would like to thank you once again for your feedback, and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while on business. While the hotel and grounds are pleasant enough, the room definately needed attention.
One thing particularly bothered me, I came back one evening after work, to find the door to my room wide open, the cleaner had left it like this I think, definately not acceptable. In addtion, the shower cubicle looked like it had 3 years worth of mould, there were remnants of old soap packages still in the tray, and my shampoo was never replaced. One other annoying thing with the room was the power socket supplied on the desk, this was positioned just below a large wooden picture frame, leaving no space to insert the plug, rendering the socket totally useless. Finally there were no sockets near the bed. The room itself (035) suffered from terrible noise from the floor above - moving of furniture etc - at all hours.
The food was average - buffet in the evening, one night they served mini-burgers/sliders - but no implements to actually serve the tomatoes, and lettuce. During breakfast, there were no teaspoons for the tea/coffee, and rather than being asked for tea/coffee, I had to do the asking.
More effort required on the service here, I feel.

Room Tip: Dont choose a basement / rooms with "0"

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments on this website. I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. I have passed on your comments to the departments involved in order to take the necessary action where possible, especially your comments about the overall service during your dining experiences at the restaurant, the cleanliness of the shower, the positioning of the power socket under the tableaux. We will take this feedback in to account in our immediate actions and in our future room refurbishments as well.

I hereby assure you that corrective actions have been taken immediately concerning involved departments, including a comprehensive re-training covering all service points mentioned in your valued comments.

I am glad that to hear from you that you liked the hotel and it’s ground and please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you might faced during your recent stay.

I would like to confirm that your recent experience does not reflect the true value of service quality rendered at our hotel, and I please rest assured that we always strive to provide the highest level of service quality, and shall there be any guest concerns, we always offer a prompt remedial solution just only it requires to have a direct feedback or guest concerns during the stay; this give us a better chance to correct any misunderstanding or any unpleasant situation.

Also, I assure you that the corrective measurement taken will prevent these issues from re-occurring in the future.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the future to experience this for yourself. Thank you for staying with us at The Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort.

Shall you need any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel link at the site page.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Hilton Pyramids is quite far away from everything where you're not motorized, but it is a nice a relaxing place. I had a room on the Annex building, around the swimming pool. Pool was quite busy, particularly on week-ends, lots of families with kids. It's the kind of noise which I do like to hear, it gives life to the place.

The room was big, globally clean, but showing some signs of age, particularly on the carpet and bathroom. Air conditioning working well, although noisy. In room Internet access is via cable and is billed at an extortionate amount (EGP 250 for 1 day): for this price you can purchase more than a Vodafone data SIM card with 6 GB usable during 1 month (costs less than EGP 200).

Breakfast is nice, view over the gold from the restaurant and lots of choice. I was usually able to make it with two meals a day only, huge breakfast, some lunch around 4pm and that's it.

Room service food and on the snack bar around the pool is less pleasant. Not particularly tasty and some gross mistake (like the "crème brulée" which was certainly not "brulée" -- but the crème itself was good).

The staff is pleasant all around and willing to help if you need.

As a last note, as in quite many hotels in North Africa, attention to the detail is not was I would usually expect (shoe shine machines with no cream, details requiring repairs, ...), but this is usual for the region.

Traveling distance: about 1 to 2 hours from Cairo airport (depends on traffic), 25-40 minutes to Smart Village, 15-20 mn to Giza Pyramids.

I will definitely return there for my next stay in a few weeks.

Room Tip: If around the pool, lower ground gives you direct access through the balcony. I have the feeling the...

Dear Sir/ madam,

Thank you for your comments on this website, I want personally thank you very much for your nice words and also I would like to let you know that we were touched when we read such kind of positive comments from our valuable customers like your good- self. It is one of our desired target and strong element that keep the entire team of Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort running forward to achieve our company promise to our customers ' to ensure they feel cared for, respected and valued'.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and you like the enlarged rooms we offer to all our guests, the unique breakfast experience and the pool services as well.

Thank you for your constructive comment concerning the dinner experience which are now supported with a new and vary “dinner themes" which definitely we will be glad to welcome you back at Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort in the near future to experience with us.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just returned from this wonderful resort in the outskirts of Cairo, we were delighted at the marvelous service and quick smooth check-in. The reception staff were all amazing, friendly and efficient. I would like to particularly thank Osama from reception for helping our stay be one of the most memorable ever, we were upgraded from a junior suite to the unbelievable duplex Safari suite. This was the most incredible thing that we could ever expect. The suite is impeccable, huge, comfy, jacuzzi,wall to floor glass windows overlooking the breathtaking golf courses and lovely pool area. It is fit for royalty! Our stay was made perfect by the staff everywhere who went out of their way to satisfy every need. Housekeeping, the pool bar, the pool guys, concierge, valet, restaurant staff etc were professional, made us feel welcome, were extra friendly and really nice even on crowded mornings when all the guests seemed to go for breakfast at the same time. Their breakfast is amazing, wide collection, tasty, a great experience. The dinner buffet sometimes tasted a bit too plain, but the bakery, salad, appetizers and dessert chefs never failed us. Highly recommended for everybody. Thanks everyone at Hilton Golf Resort. We will be back for sure,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SpinDocEg

Dear Sir/ madam,

Thank you for your comments on this website, I want personally thank you again for your nice words and also I would like to let you know that such kind of positive comments from our valuable customers like your good- self mean a lot to me and to the entire team of Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort as it's our tangible reflection of our promise to our customers ' to ensure they feel cared for, respected and valued'.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and definitely I will be glad to welcome you back at Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort in the near future.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort.

Yours faithfully,