Staying as one of the first groups after the Revolution we were a bit apprehensive but all was well.
Cairo is noticeably quiet at the moment but all the better to see the sights and get a sun bed!!
This is an elegant, clean and friendly hotel. We had a shady terrace with relaxing chairs which led into pretty gardens and a room which seemed huge after the cruise ship cabin.
The food was really good. tea and coffee in the room.
Everyone was cheerful and helpful despite the fact that they must be anxious for their jobs and I truly wish them well in the coming months and hope that the travellers come back. This is an excellent place to stay for the pyramids and I thoroughly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx combines an exciting location & incomparable service. This impressive hotel offers its guests a unique opportunity to explore the historical surroundings in total comfort & convenience. Located in a magnificent park at the foot of the Giza Pyramids & the Sphinx, 35 km from Cairo international airport, this 5-star hotel is ideal for leisure & relaxation seekers with its various recreational facilities as well as business trips with its two fully equipped meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Giza
- Giza Sofitel
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Egypt/Giza