This hotel is an excellent base for visiting the Giza Pyramids. It is situated on a very busy and noisy road but the noise is greatly reduced once you are inside the hotel. I stayed in February 2013.
All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Check in was done quickly and efficiently and the bags were bought to the room. The staff on the tour desk were also helpful. They were able to provide a very knowledgeable driver for a very reasonable price who suggested many places to visit which may otherwise have been be missed.
The room itself could have been a little cleaner but I have no real complaints. I had a garden view room on the first floor and the only thing it was missing was a balcony (I had one of the few rooms without a balcony/terrace). The fruit platter was a nice touch.
The hotel provides an excellent buffet breakfast with a variety of hot and cold foods. The dinner buffet also has a good selection although if you are vegetarian you may struggle to find a main course.
The outside space is very well kept with people constantly maintaining the garden and pool area. As I was there in February I did not use the pool, however I did see some brave people swimming. The rooftop terrace was not in use at that time of year but I did venture up there for the view of the pyramids.
The wi-fi in the hotel was good enough to run Skype on my i-phone at quiet times. The more people using it the slower the speed. There as a computer in the lobby but it was incredibly slow and almost constantly in use. There was no printer attached making it difficult to print of documents such as flight boarding passes.
Overall this hotel is ideal for a short break. It is well placed for a visiting the Pyramids as well as Cairo City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx combines an exciting location & incomparable service. This impressive hotel offers its guests a unique opportunity to explore the historical surroundings in total comfort & convenience. Located in a magnificent park at the foot of the Giza Pyramids & the Sphinx, 35 km from Cairo international airport, this 5-star hotel is ideal for leisure & relaxation seekers with its various recreational facilities as well as business trips with its two fully equipped meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Giza
- Giza Sofitel
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Egypt/Giza