There are a lot of positive things to say about this hotel and some feedback:
1. The experience started off at a very positive note. When I was booking my room from www.accorhotels.com, it gave me technical errors twice, though my credit card got charged 3 times (including the actual booking) already. Even though the bookings were non refundable, but couple of calls to the hotel reservations deptt and the help of Mr. Magdy and Ms. Rania, the issue was resolved in less than 6 hours and that left a very good customer experience to begin with.
2. We reached there and discovered our electronic devices are not compatible with the sockets – again Mr. Magdy to the rescue and he offered his personal socket converter for use for the duration of our stay. Extremely helpful. Special thanks to Mr. Magdy for this.
3. My gold and pearl earring fell off during bath and I dint notice its absence till when I came back in the evening and found it lying in the shower. The housekeeping was very honest and left it where they might have found it. I was extremely impressed with this.
4. The room service was very quick.
5. The hotel offers complimentary fruits, soft drinks and water. Very thoughtful and nice.
6. Morning breakfast is really good and offers lot of variety.
7. The staff was polite and courteous, speak good English and were quick.
1. I could smell the smoke from previous occupants in the room.
2. Considering that Internet is fast becoming available free in the hotel rooms, this hotel's policy of free WiFi only in the lobby needs to be re- worked, though the speed was excellent.
We used day trips for our pyramid trips and Cairo city. More so for the comfort of being around a local, the guide and it also surely made things more interesting. We arranged this through hotel and "Tour Gate" is the company. Me. Sheriff was our guide and he was very nice and informed guy.
Overall great place to stay in, centrally located. Offers airport transfers at USD 42 one way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx combines an exciting location & incomparable service. This impressive hotel offers its guests a unique opportunity to explore the historical surroundings in total comfort & convenience. Located in a magnificent park at the foot of the Giza Pyramids & the Sphinx, 35 km from Cairo international airport, this 5-star hotel is ideal for leisure & relaxation seekers with its various recreational facilities as well as business trips with its two fully equipped meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Giza
- Giza Sofitel
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Egypt/Giza