This hotel was booked for us by g adventures as a 2 night stay for us. Its was in a great location near the pyramids. When you walked outside you could see them from the front doors. The hotel was clean and bright. We had a nice room with 2 queen sized comfortable beds. There was a patio door that led out to a nice balcony.
The bathroom was newer with lots of hot water and great water pressure.
I liked that the hotel had pool tables, I just wish we had the time to play while we were there.
There is not much selection for restaurants inside the hotel. Italian or buffet. I thought both were a bit pricey and lacking in Egyptian food. When I travel to other countries I want to eat the local food. There was no selection of Egyptian food. Leaving the hotel at night during the recent issues was not an option for us.
The Breakfasts were GREAT!! The Buffet was hot fresh and varied in selection. Really enjoyed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx combines an exciting location & incomparable service. This impressive hotel offers its guests a unique opportunity to explore the historical surroundings in total comfort & convenience. Located in a magnificent park at the foot of the Giza Pyramids & the Sphinx, 35 km from Cairo international airport, this 5-star hotel is ideal for leisure & relaxation seekers with its various recreational facilities as well as business trips with its two fully equipped meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Giza
- Giza Sofitel
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Egypt/Giza