“Tourist trap”

CAVIAR Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #192 of 1,782 Restaurants in Giza
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Description: Caviar is a 5 Stars premium Seafood Restaurant, that's located infront of Giza Pyramids. The restaurant is a member of ElBanna Restaurant; A Member of ElBanna Group. Caviar is considered as the best restaurant for most tourists who come to visit the Pyramids for several reasons. Firstly, due to its wonderful Pyramids-View. In addition, the restaurant is well-known with its wide variety of delecious seafood plates that are made by the best Chef in town. The Place is also very prestigious and comfortable in the same time. Moreover, Caviar is perfect for large groups, couples & business meetings. All these beside its very reasonable prices.CAVIAR is proud in serving thousands of loyal guests from all over the world for more than 18 years.
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately we were taken here by a tourgide and before knowing it had terrible set menu food forced in front of us. After reading up on the place it seems we were also ripped off.

Unfortunate experience. Perhaps the daytime tourist crowds dragged in by tourguides get treated differently?

1  Thank Derek W
There are newer reviews for CAVIAR Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went there with my family couple of weeks ago. When we first sat, the waiter came and we asked for the menu. The waiter said "We only have a set menu, eaither fish, chicken or meat." we said that we want a menu so we can decide what to eat, i can't just say okay i'll have a fish without deciding whether it's trout or talipia, red sauce or white sauce or so and so. The waiter said I'm trying to make this easier for you helping you decide faster. He really got me on my nerves, so I told him please let us see the menu so we can choose!!!!! I don't know what is exactley on the menu, I don't know what appetizers do you serve, what cocktails, soups do you sreve, and I don't know the prices, I just can't say "Okay I'll have a fish" and that's it!!! Finally he was as if he was forced to bring us a menu, at this point I wanted to leave but I didn't want to spoil the whole thing for my family, so I just shut up. When he brought the menu, I knew why he was sort of hiding it, the prices are so high, I can get most of the food on the menu with half the price in many other good and reputable restaurants! Finally we ordered, phew, I was so hungry and when the food came I felt like I'll eat everything on the table. The food was THE WORST FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN!!! THERE WAS SAND IN THE CLAMS SOUP, I can feel sand grains crunching in my mouth!! The fish and shrimps were tasteless and tasted like they were in a freezer for a long time that they became so tender, yikes! We couldn't eat most of the food, so we took what was left, paid and left and then gave that food to a stray dog.

I have never encountered such a lousy experience at any restaurant ever whether in Cairo or out of cairo. It's total ripoff.

2  Thank LamiaShalaby
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went there last Friday with my family, when we first entered the place we were overwhelmed by the view overlooking the Pyramids at sunset, clean place, nice decor. But when the food came, started the troubles, the clams were full of sand, I had to take a sip of water to get rid of the sand from my mouth!! the mussels were supposed to be with white sauce, it was ONLY a shell of mussel and little shrimps covered with white sauce on top without the actual mussel!! the fish looked and tasted like it has been staying for a long while in the fridge, the grilled shrimps were the same!! The whole experience was terrible, I wish I've never gone there. You can find LOTS of good seafood restaurants other than here. All of this besides, the prices are too much for the quality of the food.

2  Thank YassmineLibra
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I went there with my family on the recommendation of our tour guide and made the mistake of not ordering from the menu to see the prices before. We were charged 20 Egyptian pounds for a coke when it should have been 2 and a plate of grilled chicken and rice 75 Egyptian pounds when we read after it should have been around 35. After complaining they simply shrugged and said yes the drinks are expensive. A classic tourist trap! Stay clear despite the views,

1  Thank BudapestStephen
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Very Fresh & Tasty Seafood
Very Friendly Staff
The Location is very convinient
The View of the Pyramids is amazing
The Service is just perfect
The Prices are great & very reasonable

Very Unique restaurant in an ageless location!!

8  Thank JaidaElSayyad