“The only way to see the Pyramids”
Review of FB Stables

FB Stables
Ranked #4 of 18 Outdoor Activities in Giza
More attraction details
Owner description: A family owned and operated horseback riding stables also offering camels, horse drawn carriages and quad bikes. Located beside the Pyramids of Giza.
Beirut, Lebanon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The only way to see the Pyramids”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Don't be put off by the fact that Karim sounds asleep everytime he answers the phone. He is actually lovely and very accomidating. On really short notice, he arranged everything for us and walked our driver through how to reach their stables

Be prepared as you drive past garbage, scary skinny horses, camels and mules you will start to question whether you made the right decision. But rest assured, the horses and team at FB stables are excellent. They have a very large stable, with a range of horses from beginner to advanced, many of whom have they have bred themselves.

I went with a friend who had never really been on a horse before and Karim chose the most gentle wonderful horse. Our guide was Ahmed who -- in flip flops -- was an amazing rider and who, by the way, happens to be amazing with an iphone! He had my friend cantering before we even reached Sakkara. The guy went from no no no to giddy-up! It was amazing how well he taught him and made him comfortable.

seeing the pyramids from horseback kept us away from all of the rif raff and was just plain beautiful and peaceful.

All I can say is that I will make a point to schedule a ride with FB into every trip I take to Cairo.

Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Completely and utterly wonderful”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visiting Egypt and the Pyramids is an incredible experience, but add horses – just be sure they’re Karim and Karen’s! - and it’s something else altogether.

I used to have horses when I was younger but my husband‘s a beginner, so we needed something nice and sparky for me, but more sensible for him. So I emailed Karen and got everything sorted: hats, tack, a trip inside the Great Pyramid and transport to and from our hotel.

The stables are right at the end of this amazing road, and the good news is, they actually are stables. Nice, cool, shady ones. You’ll see lots of not-so-lucky horses just tied up at the side of the road.

We had a really warm welcome, then out came our horses. A lovely grey mare for me and a nice chestnut for Maris. Karen says you don’t really get geldings out there, just stallions.

Mine was exactly what I’d asked for: lively, but well behaved and Maris’s was perfect for a novice. Not in the least bit ploddy but forward going while still being completely under control. And they were totally bomb proof. Honestly; camels, carts, donkeys, other horses ...they don’t bat an eye.

Karim took us on a fantastic ride to the Pyramids which I’d been dying to see but to be honest, I was more excited about being back on a horse after 20 years. He took loads of photos and even carried my water! And he looked after them while we went inside, before we ride down to the Sphinx.

All in all, it was completely brilliant. And the good thing is, if you’re riding with a less experience rider and want to go off for a canter by yourself, you can. You don’t have to worry about the other horse being silly, they’re perfectly mannered. But honestly, the energy and spirit these horses have got has to be seen to be believed. They’re just amazing.

When we got back, we had a tour round the stables and a lovely mint tea. I’d already decided we’d be riding again before we went home. So two days later, I phoned Karim and arranged an early evening ride outside the Pyramid boundary.

This time I was given the most wonderful, wonderful part bred black mare. She was absolutely marvellous: lovely and bouncy, endless energy, beautiful head carriage … if I could have bought her home she’d be here now.

We had the most tremendous 2-3 hour ride, a lovely guide and a pit stop with the Pyramids in the background. We really couldn’t have had a better end to our holiday.

So if you’re off to Cairo and fancy an unforgettable ride, get in touch with Karen. They’ve got their own website, they’re on Facebook and they’ll really look after you, just like they do their horses.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Dream Ride.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had always dreamed of approaching the pyramids from the desert, on horseback and at sunset.
So when we booked our holiday to Egypt one of the first things I wanted to do was book that horse ride.
If like me you are worried about finding the right stable, to provide you with a wonderful well cared for and healthy horse with English tack. Which has friendly helpful staff and is at a very reasonable price, then look no further than FB stables.

From my first enquiry online, Karen communicated immediately and answered all my questions fully and clearly. She organised everything including being picked up and brought back to our hotel.
My husband Bob, is a beginner and I am a more experienced but still an average rider. The horse’s which Karim picked out for us were perfect.

Beautifully turned out and probably the most well manned horse I have ever ridden, Cookie was amazing. Part Arabian, she was very energetic but so responsive to my commands that I felt perfectly safe and able to handle her.

We had chosen to go outside the boundary fence as we had been to the pyramids that morning so we had the open desert to ride in.
Our guide Mohamed was very good and stayed with Bob so that I could have a canter, Bob’s horse, Sabrina, was also incredibly easy for him to handle and made him feel very relaxed. He said at the end of the ride it was the best horse ride he had been on.

After an amazing 2 hour ride we came back to the stable and on the way back we encountered, what I can only describe as, some local hooligans on horseback.
In amongst all that commotion our horses behaved beautifully and at no time did we ever feel unsafe.

Karim also showed me around the stables and I can say that all the horses there are very well cared for and he is rightly very proud of them. It was the first time I had been that close to pure Arabian horses and I think they are the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.

We finished a fantastic day up on the roof terrace with some refreshments kindly provided by Karim. They have a wonderful view of the pyramids from there.

Dream fulfilled.

Visited December 2012
manchester uk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience, English saddlery!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Was collected from the hotel by a driver sent from the stables for a 6am ride. I arrived at a beautiful livery yard away from the main tourist area. The horses were well fed and looked great. One lovely mare had a foal at foot and both were thriving.
It had been a dream of mine to ride an arabian in the desert but the horse karim had picked for me was a partbred, very nice I add, but not my ideal! He asked if I could ride well and agreed to change horses. A few mins later he brought the most beautiful grey stallion bouncing out of the block! He will settle once you are in the saddle karim promised! And he did and we had the most thrilling and gentlemanly ride!
We were hacking for around 3 hours, through villages, close to smaller pyramids and cantering up sand dunes.
I particularly liked the tack and bits used at these stables, which were conventional English saddlery which was comfortable for horse and rider. Unlike some of the horrendous contraptions witnessed on the poor over worked horses at the great pyramids.
Highly recommended.

Visited March 2012
nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good horses, great ride”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This stable clearly had well cared-for horses, which is more than I can say for most of the animals I saw around the pyramids. My boyfriend and I went on a beautiful sunset ride around the desert to the east of the pyramids. Our guide was nice and provided helpful advice for my boyfriend, who was riding for the first time. I have a fair bit of experience, so I was glad that they put me on an energetic horse. One note to keep in mind: the stable uses English saddles, not western, which many Americans who have gone on trail rides would be more accustomed to. English saddles are a bit trickier & not as comfortable, so be prepared for that.

Visited January 2013