“Very nice horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of FB Stables

FB Stables
Ranked #3 of 16 Outdoor Activities in Giza
More attraction details
Owner description: A family owned and operated horseback riding stables also offering camels, horse drawn carriages and quad bikes. Located beside the Pyramids of Giza.
Leominster
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very nice horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good quality well fed well threaded horses. Negotiate your rate and have a few dollars for tips. Avoid stopping at shopping opportunities you are paying twice!

Had a lovely ride round the pyramids and through the outskirts of the desert.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank divingdawn

Melbourne
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horse /camel/quadbike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

One of the main things my sister wanted to do in Egypt was to ride an Arabian horse near the pyramids but only if the horses were well looked after and in good condition. We had heard and read a lot about mistreated animals in Egypt and horses in particular. I did much searching on T/A and had no real luck in finding anything that seemed suitable or that i trusted and my sister was very adamant about the condition of the animals. So it was with much luck that the guide i had arranged for a day in Egypt put me on to the FB Stables and Karim and Karen.
From the start the email replies were prompt and extremely helpful. I was very unsure about the riding of a horse myself and Karen put my mind at rest saying that i would not be whisked away in the desert never to be seen again. They have a great choice of horses for all levels of ability- even ones like me that cant ride.

We opted for the ride outside the Pyramid wall ( although you can pay the fee and ride inside) and i was happy with this choice. My sister did 2 hours on 2 different horses- changing to the gorgeous black Arabian after making sure she was fine being back on a quieter horse and i had a lovely gentle horse for the first hour then i swapped over to a quad bike for the following hour and wow the feeling of zooming around in the desert with the wind blowing through my hair with the pyramids in the back ground was amazing. My sister absolutely loved her horse riding too. We were fitted with hats and felt completely safe with our guides for the whole time we were out there.
My sister was even shown around the Stables afterwards which she was very impressed with.
We sat and chatted to Karim and Karen for ages afterward about life in Egypt and the changes that had occurred since the construction of the wall and the economic downfall and it was a magical part of our trip to Egypt..
Thanks to you both Karim and Karen for everything and i hope that all goes well for you both. We very much appreciated everything that you did for us that day, including the transfers out and back.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank MelbourneBrowneyes
Sannohe-gun, Aomori, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved FB Stables!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Riding with FB Stables turned out to be the highlight of our trip to Egypt. I contact Karen Curran via e-mail a few weeks before arriving, and she was great about responding with prices and information. We only had a loose itinerary, and FB was very flexible and willing to work around our schedule. Our hotel was in downtown Cairo so we arranged to have a driver from the stable to pick us up every morning at 6 am to beat Cairo traffic and drive us back to the city at the end of the day. We chose to a 2 hour ride at Giza Pyramids, a day long trip to Dashur Pyramids, and spend a day out in Fayoum Oasis. On the longer days, the stable provided us with great local food. Karim, the owner, also served as our guide when we went to the Birqash Camel Market. Our guides were great, the horses were energetic and seemed well fed and content. Definitely bring your camera, your guide will be happy to snap pictures of you mid-gallop and also dismount to take posed shots. Overall, our experience felt more like spending the week with friends, Karen even lent me her chaps and boots all week, which was greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend FB Stables to riders of all abilities, it seems as though they have horses and routes to suit anyone's needs.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kendal K
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience, beautiful horses, good service from FB stables”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I was in email contact one month before I arrived in Egypt with Karen from FB Stables and she ensured that I got exactly the ride that I wanted when I arrived in Cairo. I got to ride two stallions and my husband got a quad bike! The horses are very well looked after, sadly you will notice that not many horses at Giza are looked after but at FB all the horses for well-fed and in great condition. The horses I rode were fantastic - the first stallion was a bit too interested in the mare that our guide was on, so was rather stubborn to go on his own but then I got to ride a black stallion the next day who honestly was one of nicest horses I have ever ridden (I rode horses competitively for 12 years when I was younger). Karim even showed me how to make him "dance" which was an amazing experience. If you want to go riding on well cared for and beautiful horses then FB stables is your place. When you see the state of the other horses at Giza you will know exactly what I mean, but I must admit that Karen and Karim went out of their way to make this experience very enjoyable for me. Just one negative, and that is my husband had a "guide" too who unfortunately went on the back of his quad and the quad was not powerful enough for two people so they kept getting bogged down in the sand so they went on completely different routes to me throughout the dessert. The next day, he went on his own and it was all good... just a helpful tip!

Visited December 2011
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful horses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Enjoyed a lovely evening ride around the pyramids thanks to the services of FB Stables. After clearing of small misunderstandings we were assisted by them in returning to the Pyramid's Park with the horses. I must say the horses know the route quite well. Willing to trot but usually followed in a bored walk. Compared to other horses and stables there is no doubt they care for the animals well. Originally offered an English saddle they were kind enough to dig out a western saddle and clearing the dust off I was comfortable enough to ride. It had been decades but I did fine on Nellie.

After the ride we shared conversation and mint tea. All in all a very enjoyable experience.

Visited November 2011