“Between fruitland and desert... a miracle in Egypt”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Giza
Sakkara Country Club
Ranked #9 of 13 Giza B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It is still a secret; as it was, 20 years ago! Now, after new management and absolute great landscape - review, the Sakkara Country Club offers great possibilities! Esp. for people who like to escape Downtown and spend some hours near the desert, this place is a MUST! On a friday morning you need not much more than 20 Minutes to reach this great place from Zamalek or downtown. If you are a rider: pls contact in advance through the good (but simple) website.
ANd than: relax at the big pool, use sqad to see the desert, have a foot-walk ore a ride, enjoy the arabic food... and come back, as a friend, next weekend

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank sakkara11
There are newer reviews for Sakkara Country Club

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Firstly i would like to say that for 5 years living in this country I haven't been so amazed by a very special place like Sakkara Country Club, I've heard about it quite a lot, but the fact that throughout my times of living in Egypt and almost knowing every place in Cairo, I honestly never thought there's such a place that could be so magical and relaxing.
Recently I decided to go and check it out after being offered by some kind old egyptian friends, at first i thought it would be as any place i go, and by the time i entered from the gate i knew was wrong with such thought. Going to the point with this place it's extremely amazing with everything in it such as the massive pool, amazingly delicious food with all of it's kind, excellent services, the friendly and alerted professional staff, and not to forget to mention the excursions and activities such as quad biking or horse back riding in the desert which they do defines the word fun.
To cut the story short, whoever is looking for great times, great hospitality, a place to relax, a place to have some real adventures, then for sure Sakkara Country Club is the perfect choice for it's truly a great place.

Room Tip: All Rooms are more than just good and comfortable.
11  Thank Martin R
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We are an expat family that really wanted to get some sun and enjoy a pool day. All our expectations were met and we are extremely satisfied with the Sakkara country club. It was An amazing weekend because the staff was very friendly, efficient, welcoming, and hard working. The pool is very well maintained as well as the pool furniture. The food was delicious as well as the presentation. We spent the night in a room that was extremely clean and well furnished. We loved the color theme and the oriental touch which made the room very cosy as well as the lighting. We also took a ride on the quads in the desert which was very well organized and fun. Our guide led us carefully all the way to the Sakkara pyramid which was a new way of seeing the pyramid. We had a wonderful two days spent at the Sakkara country club. We felt as if we had just come back from a ten day holiday because it was so relaxing. Considering the fact that the club is so close to the ring road and the access so easy, we will go back as much as we can and recommend this unique experience to everybody.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equipped the same and have a view of the desert and pool.
3  Thank Mireille C
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to Sakkara country club, it is an amazing place. The pool & the service there is great. We enjoyed the day a lot & loved the food, it is a money value. It a place you must visit in Egypt. It is very clean & the stuff is very polite & professional.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Francesca R
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked a quad tour in the desert around the Saqqara pyramids with three other friends. After signing the required documents we were give each one a decent and recent helmet (they had all the sizes in order to make everyone confortable).
The quads provided were quite recent and well maintained. They have 5 automatic gears and are very easy to drive.
We then left to the desert with our tour guide for a one hour trip. The drive was quite simple (so suitable to any level of ability and experience) but nice. We made a cuple of stops to take pictures.
Price pp was 175 EGP.
After we decided to stay at the club and use the pool. Price to acces the pool was EGP125 including lunch (mixed grill and a bottle of water) and a towel. The pool was very nice and very well maintained/cleant.
Finally it was a very good day out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Steccapd
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We are a family living in Cairo. This place is not far away from this megacity and an ideal place to get out and catch some fresh air. We went there with one friend for day use. They charge you 150 EGP (kids half price) for pool use with a set lunch, which is good value for money since the pool is nice, big and very clean and offers a pool bar as well (they serve local alcohol brands). Food was tasty and quantities sufficient and we chose to eat next to the pool. Staff are friendly but not very fast. You can ride horses and book a sand dune trip with quads or jeeps and visit the Djoser pyramids (you can't get very close to it though). The only minus is what they call "tennis court", which is rather suitable to plant potatoes, and the 90 EGP for one hour booking is definitely overpriced.

4  Thank izardvera
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Went there on what we call a "day use". Luckily I knew where it was since my father in law has a house around the area and luckily I didn't have to drive as we had a rented car with a driver. It's unfortunate otherwise because the drive is terrible and the place is very hard to spot. I booked a room with a meal, and it wasn't very cheap, especially since I'm not staying overnight. You can get a room in any 4 star hotel in Ain Sukhna on a half board basis for the night for a cheaper rate, and the drive will be something you'll enjoy.

Anyway, I got there, the room was ok. Maybe the beds could've been cleaner. Went to the pool, it was nice. We couldn't get towels for the beds!! I requested and they said they cost 15 pounds insurance!! Weird that it is, I didn't object, yet they never came. Food was nice, but it was a set menu so I didn't appreciate the quantities. Almost got in a fight with the guy there as he had all the wrong attitude.

Went back to the pool and there was a surprise. There were young girls there, in very provocative bikinis and voice tone / language that resembles nothing but belly dancers, and belly dancers they were! They kept dancing very dirty in their bikinis and all the conservative families around the pool seemed very upset! Were they marketing for something? They had guys with them, and I'm not sure if the word can go on my post there, but they were mostly like p--ps. It made me not comfortable at all since I had my wife and children with me. I'm not an uptight guy. I went to many hotels where there were foreigners and even Egyptian ladies in their swimsuits and having fun through dancing and playing volleyball and stuff ... trust me, that was nothing like it.

Staff was terrible. Dressed in dirty clothes, all sweaty, smelly and angry ... at some point I was really provoked by the guy at the restaurant that I went up with every intention to punch him in the nose.

I will never go there again, and if you're single ... I would also recommend that you don't go there. As for if you're family, please please please don't you ever go there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family