“Inconsistent Quality”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Cairo, Egypt
“Inconsistent Quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

KFC is KFC anywhere in the world, here however on a good day you can get an excellent quality meal, other days you might not be so lucky and end up with a really bad meal.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Omar S

luxor
“Not as good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

KFC has always been one of those 'treat days', their food is soooo yummy but not for everyday. The branch in luxor makes the best coulslaw that i've ever tasted.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank marilyn h
Khartoum, Sudan
“Pay for Chicky Meal Toy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

On July 26th 2012, I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) in Cairo City Stars Mall/Complex and ordered Chicky Meals for my boys. I was hoping the toys that came with the meal would offer a few minutes of reprieve, as the boys had been fussy, tired from traveling for hours and camping out at the airport, as our plane was a no-show. The meals came but there were no toys. I asked the guy who just said, “No toys”. I asked why he hadn’t told me there were no toys when I ordered the meal, so I could have chosen an alternative vendor. He then came up with a bright idea! He said, “You didn’t pay for the toys, the money you paid doesn’t cover the toys.” I smiled and reached for my purse. He smiled and asked what I wanted to give him. “I don’t want to give you anything, I want to take something.” I took out my cell phone and took this picture (21:35 local time). He ran for his manager who came and asked for my receipt. He scribbled something on it and asked me to come back the next day. God willing, I would be on a flight home and not reclaiming cheap toys from people who had tried to con me. I don’t know what the first guy thought I was or wasn’t but I can’t believe that a KFC employee would ask me to pay for a FREE TOY with a straight face.
When I told the manager that I would not be available the next day, he gave me my money back and we hit McDonald’s for our Happy Meals that included a FREE toy.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Tagreed_A
“Why eat here? Just like US - it thats what you want”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Right across from the Pyramids entrance - lots of tourists - my teenage son included - who don't want to risk anything else and since they've heard of KFC, they come here! Oh well. What are you gonna do.
Do i really need to tell you what he ate? It wasn't bad actually - it's KFC!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank John R
Sendai, Japan
“Leak of standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

It's a bit expensive for the quality & type of food, and each branch tastes different, staff are not very helpful, it's always busy of people. Some branches are not recommended at all, like Tayran Branch, Nasrcity.

• Visited June 2012