All reviewscity starswindows restaurantshopping mallinside cityindian restaurantihg memberbusiness tripbig mallguest relationshotel is locatedwelcome drinkcomfortable roomsrecommend this hotelclose to the airportcomfortable stayspecial thanksnon smoking
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Any good hotel can have a 'bad day' but it's when this happens that great hotels make it right and others? Well, the latter was my experience. On the plus side, it's in a great location, close to the airport, has free WiFi and the adjoining mall is one of the largest in Cairo. The Executive rooms include evening snacks in the lobby lounge and other priveleges. The fitness centre and pool are of a high standard and the breakfast buffet (and food services generally) are superb. Staff were friendly and generally courteous. The problems? The hot water in the room was tepid and a call to maintenance did not resolve the problem. A visit to the lobby bar resulted in no service and I eventually left unlibated. Lastly, I headed to bed at 10 pm the final night ahead of a 3.45 am wake-up call. The TV in the pool area just outside my 8th floor balcony was on full-blast for a football match. A call to reception requesting a volume adjustment had no effect until the match was over. I was not impressed - and checked out tired.

Room Tip: Executive rooms not facing the pool area could be a better pick (noise-wise)
2  Thank Gary L
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo - Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, for it's only through our guest comments that we can improve our performance. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. I’ll look forward to have you again as a valued guest at the Holiday Inn.

Kind regards,

Mohamed B. Ibrahim
HOLIDAY INN CAIRO CITYSTARS

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I only stayed for one night but it was ok, we used the heated pool in the morning & enjoyed the access to city stars mall restaurants & cafe

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Kimpep
Reviewed April 26, 2012

this hotel is so wounderfull and fantastic. it was a great warm wellcoming. the services were so excellent. the duty manager mr. ahmad said was so helpfull and friendly, he is so active and eexcellent person. i suggest this hotel to every visitor to cairo. thanks alot to all employees in this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms were so clean , quite and very nice furnished.
1  Thank TALAL-K
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Decent location 15-20 mins from airport, and next to the huge and impressive City Stars mall. Staff friendliness and professionalism mostly supurb, although some female individuals really need a kick up the backside and service speed/smiling lessons as they are seriously letting the team down (I won't mention the relevant departments, but they are quite easy to identify).

Security is stringent with guards and sniffer dog for incoming cars, and airport style metal detectors for all persons.

Rooms are slightly smaller than I would expect for a hotel of this price/standard, but very comfortable and clean. LCD TV uses internet to select channels, but this can be very slow and frustrating, seems pointless to me.

Internet is fast and free throughout the hotel, for which I applaud as this puts most modern hotels these days to shame.

Food in hotel very good and reasonably priced compared to uk standards. Mall offers a great choice of eating options and great value (mall is huge and can be very difficult to navigate).

I would suggest the hotel should make obtaining a standard taxi an simpler process, as the current options seem to be an expensive limo from the hotel door, a 50m walk to un-metered City Stars (white) taxi with special tourist prices, or you have to venture 75m onto the busy main road and take your chance to flag a cab.

Noise can be a problem, if you can avoid a room facing the mosque you might still have to endure the traffic noise and the continuous horn tooting through the single glazed window well into the small hours. Why any modern property could be built with single glazed window is beyond me, especially with the climate and vicinity to traffic.

If I visit Cairo again I would hope to return here if possible, although I would say the pricing is currently over the limit I'd be prepared to pay next time.

Room Tip: High floor and not facing main road/mosque
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We went to spent the Easter there and we stayed for two nights. Actually I wasn't expecting too much, I just choose it cause it is part of City Stars shopping center. But honestly since the first 2 minutes in the reception area I felt different. Although while check in we discovered that our reservation was done on the Intercontenantal not Holiday Inn, yet Basma from the reception team handled the situation in a very professional way. Then she convinced us to upgrade our reservation to an executive suite which we already did.

The suite is very clean and well equipped with two LCD screens and they added extra bed for us. The breakfast is very tasty with all what you can ask for as a breakfast, we tried also the dinner buffet and was really good with reasonable price.

The pool and gym are small, but cosy and relaxing. We used to go city stars several times, we go out from the Windows restaurant door and we are inside city stars center.

The best thing about the hotel, that really impressed me and will make me for sure want to go again is the STAFF, they are very friendly, helpful, smiley welling to do the extra mile to satisfy the guest needs. They used to play with my young daughter, whenever we ask for anything they do it for us with a smile. No was not an answer for any request during our stay.

Stayed: April 2012