All reviewscity starswindows restaurantshopping mallinside cityindian restaurantihg memberbusiness tripbig mallguest relationshotel is locatedwelcome drinkcomfortable roomsrecommend this hotelclose to the airportcomfortable stayspecial thanksnon smoking
Reviewed April 26, 2012

this hotel is so wounderfull and fantastic. it was a great warm wellcoming. the services were so excellent. the duty manager mr. ahmad said was so helpfull and friendly, he is so active and eexcellent person. i suggest this hotel to every visitor to cairo. thanks alot to all employees in this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms were so clean , quite and very nice furnished.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TALAL-K
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Decent location 15-20 mins from airport, and next to the huge and impressive City Stars mall. Staff friendliness and professionalism mostly supurb, although some female individuals really need a kick up the backside and service speed/smiling lessons as they are seriously letting the team down (I won't mention the relevant departments, but they are quite easy to identify).

Security is stringent with guards and sniffer dog for incoming cars, and airport style metal detectors for all persons.

Rooms are slightly smaller than I would expect for a hotel of this price/standard, but very comfortable and clean. LCD TV uses internet to select channels, but this can be very slow and frustrating, seems pointless to me.

Internet is fast and free throughout the hotel, for which I applaud as this puts most modern hotels these days to shame.

Food in hotel very good and reasonably priced compared to uk standards. Mall offers a great choice of eating options and great value (mall is huge and can be very difficult to navigate).

I would suggest the hotel should make obtaining a standard taxi an simpler process, as the current options seem to be an expensive limo from the hotel door, a 50m walk to un-metered City Stars (white) taxi with special tourist prices, or you have to venture 75m onto the busy main road and take your chance to flag a cab.

Noise can be a problem, if you can avoid a room facing the mosque you might still have to endure the traffic noise and the continuous horn tooting through the single glazed window well into the small hours. Why any modern property could be built with single glazed window is beyond me, especially with the climate and vicinity to traffic.

If I visit Cairo again I would hope to return here if possible, although I would say the pricing is currently over the limit I'd be prepared to pay next time.

Room Tip: High floor and not facing main road/mosque
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We went to spent the Easter there and we stayed for two nights. Actually I wasn't expecting too much, I just choose it cause it is part of City Stars shopping center. But honestly since the first 2 minutes in the reception area I felt different. Although while check in we discovered that our reservation was done on the Intercontenantal not Holiday Inn, yet Basma from the reception team handled the situation in a very professional way. Then she convinced us to upgrade our reservation to an executive suite which we already did.

The suite is very clean and well equipped with two LCD screens and they added extra bed for us. The breakfast is very tasty with all what you can ask for as a breakfast, we tried also the dinner buffet and was really good with reasonable price.

The pool and gym are small, but cosy and relaxing. We used to go city stars several times, we go out from the Windows restaurant door and we are inside city stars center.

The best thing about the hotel, that really impressed me and will make me for sure want to go again is the STAFF, they are very friendly, helpful, smiley welling to do the extra mile to satisfy the guest needs. They used to play with my young daughter, whenever we ask for anything they do it for us with a smile. No was not an answer for any request during our stay.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Rsalah
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is my second time to stay at this hotel.The first time was not memorable. This time I was very impressed with their service. Every one was very helpful and made feel special. The hotel is located in a very busy shopping area. But after a long day at work, it's great to walk around the mall. I got some helpful tips from the staff on where to go around town.

Room Tip: The mall has many authentic restaurants on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fabi2002
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo - Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I'm very pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay and the staff were helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Mohamed Ibrahim
HOLIDAY INN CAIRO CITYSTARS HOTEL

Reviewed March 28, 2012

this holiday inn seems much better than other holidays inn in other countries, the hotel is located in the same complex with a huge commercial center called city stars there is anther intercontinental and skybridge hotels within the same complex, the hotel is not far from cairo airport approx 15 minutes by car, rooms are descent size and clean, overall nice comfortable rooms.free internet,and there shouldn't be any problem in transportation there are many taxis around and taxis are cheap in cairo.would recommend it if the rate is good

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank monymontana

Dear Guest,

I'm so delighted to read that you have enjoyed everything during your stay with us.

Thank you so much for posting your positive comments and looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Mohamed Ibrahim