“Live Coffee”
Review of Beanos

Beanos
Ranked #108 of 4,208 Restaurants in Cairo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you want to Live Coffee Experience with uninterrupted Internet and all at very economic rate...beanos is the choice-any branch.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This Beano's is the biggest one in Egypt. It's a great atmosphere. You can choose to sit indoor or outdoor. There are lots of seats. If the weather permits, outdoor is nice. There is also a kids' play area which is great if you have kids.

But the biggest and most consistent problem I have seen everytime I come. (I live in Maadi, am a U.S. citizen, and come here more than 5 times by now).... is the service incapability of the staff. Not only is the service slow, but they often forget that I asked or ordered something. We waited 10 minutes for an extra cup so I can share with my young daughter. Eventually, my wife had to run in herself and get one. Later the server brought us a glass.

One time, my wife, my 8 year old son, and I came here to eat sandwiches, drink drinks and enjoy a little time playing Monopoly. We got ourselves couches with a table and started playing. Actually, we played the simplified Monopoly cards version. Half way into our game someone came and told us that it is forbidden to play cards here. It took us forever to figure out why? I at first thought he didn't allow us to play because we were taking up too much time at our table. I told them there were others who were on their laptops for hours with only one drink. We've purchased lunch dishes and drinks. He said Yes, but we just can't play our game. So I then systematically started to ask why not? Finally, I realized he was saying we can play games, but not card games. So if we were playing Monopoly board game, it would have been fine. I showed him that these cards are in no way regular cards, but Monopoly cards. It seems upper management told them that playing cards with the possibility of real wagering and gambling is forbidden. So I said that's fine, but we are playing with our 8 yr old son and it is not gambling. It is Monopoly!!!! He said it's okay this time but in the future we can't play cards.

I just feel that the staff is so ignorant. They heard that cards are forbidden and have no reason what the logic is behind it. So they just try to enforce things literally without thinking at all about the customer. Please think about it. Would a mom and dad sit there and teach their 8 year old how to gamble with cards???? !!!!!

Anyway, I still apologized and told him we would not be playing cards there again..... You make the guess.... As for me, the service here is broke!!!!!

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Wide transparent glass facade allows sun in.
They have a great hazelnut caramel square. Splendid when served hot with vanilla ice-cream & chocolate sauce.
Good coffee.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Beanos is a chain with locations throughout Cairo. The one in Maadi is newly constructed, bright, clean with indoor and outdoor seating. it has food and a patisserie. Beanos makes and sells its own baked goods and breads. Kids were neutral on the food but enjoyed the small outdoor play area and the mint lemonade.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great variety of coffees and teas and deserts at OK prices. Service is acceptable and there are many locations.