“Little Piece of Heaven”

Ranked #17 of 4,244 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was told to go here for lunch and I am so glad I did. The ambiance and decorations were SO cool. It is exactly the type of place I like to go. Prices are great and menu variety is plentiful. My group enjoyed it so much that we went back for dinner, and had an even better experience at dinner! The staff was so nice and helpful, they spent some time at our table talking and we ended up taking pictures. It was a great time. Try the fried eggplant, it is to die for!!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I thought this restaurant had a lot to offer if you want to try the local cuisine. Fallafel in the States is remarkably different than in Egypt, which is exactly what I had hoped for. I tried the Trotter Soup (definitely an acquired taste, but good). We had several sides of stuffed vine leaves, bababganush, beans, beans and more beans. I thought the prices were reasonable and the service was first rate. We finished the meal with mint tea or hybiscus tea. I would return again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided to have a dinner in Felfela since a lot of people (even locals) advised us to do so. The restaurant had also goed reviews in Trotter. Unfortunatelly it was the worst place where we eat in Egypt. It is far to expensive and the service is just terrible (and you still have to pay 22% for it). We received cold food and still had to wait another 10 minutes for our friends got their order. We ordered a dish and were given a starter instead... When we expressed our disappointment we simply got ignored and atthe end even threatened with the police... Besides the place is not really authentiek; it is just a spot for tourists who are willing to have a dinnen in a "nice" or rather kitschy sourrounding. So honestly- do not go there...

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The right place to taste all the traditional food of Egypt.. Fool (minced beans) & Ta’emmya (fried beans), eggplant is cooked in Egypt in endless ways.. try to taste all recipes,, many other recipes are available here..
“All you can eat” for a tiny budget.. (less than 5$ )
Enjoy & Bon Appetit

2  Thank RFaroukEGY
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A lovely dimly lit restaurant serving Egyptian dishes, Felfela provides a quiet cavernous atmosphere away from the crowded downtown Cairo. The prices are reasonable, the service is friendly and the restaurant is located just a short walk away from the Egyptian museum. Try the felafel as this is what the restaurant is known for. I've tried the chicken kebabs as a main dish, you get 4 pieces per plate but this is sufficient if you have ordered accompanying appetisers or sides (tahina, hummus, fried aubergines, fries, sauteed vegetables). The mixed grill and Dawoud Basha meatballs are also good as mains. This restaurant is worth visiting and is generally a good experience each time.