“Mouthwatering food and charming atmosphere”
Review of Tabla Luna

Tabla Luna
Ranked #50 of 4,182 Restaurants in Cairo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Egypt
“Mouthwatering food and charming atmosphere”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This place is definitely worth more than one visit. The atmosphere is quite charming and lively. You feel transformed outside Egypt the second you step in. We went with a group of friends and sampled almost all of their appetizers - delicious. The main courses did not disappoint as well, but it was the desert that blew us away. A definite winner!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Shakers_7

• Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
“South American food”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had the starter of Chilli followed by the Duck the chef and staff very friendly helpful with the menu
Most enjoyable bring your own wine for the present. Hopefully will change in the future. The address is road 231 rest is ok.

• Visited June 2014
Cairo, Egypt
“Great flavors”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This restaurant is quite new to Maadi, and is very popular. You have to make a reservation or you'll miss out on an amazing meal! The flavors are wonderful. The menu is small but everything on it is excellent. we went in a group and ordered 1 of almost everything; all of it was excellent. The starter portions were small so by sharing, we probably only had a mouthful each but main courses were a decent size. It is expensive. I highly recommend a visit.

• Visited April 2014
Moscow, Russia
“A Fiesta For Your Taste Buds”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I spent one of my many years in university as an exchange student in Argentina. I learned Spanish and I learned Latin American food. The food at Tabla Luna was easily the equal of the best South America had to offer. The empanadas were wonderful, a delight of meat and corn and cheese. The sauces were a cornucopia of flavor and each bite you tasted something new. My wife tried the duck which had an amazing sauce which included apples. I had the chicken which looked a bit like the food we were feeding our baby, but the flavor rivaled or bested any chicken I have previously eaten. It was rich and creamy and not-too-much all at the same time. My only regret was not trying more menu items. I would make a weekly reservation if we lived closer to Maadi. Everything was fresh, it was succulent, and it was fun.

• Visited May 2014