“Nice Hotel with very good hospitality”
Review of Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel
and 1 more site!
Grand Hotel
Ranked #70 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
“Nice Hotel with very good hospitality”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm from Alexandria, when I travel locally for business to Cairo I usually stay in Grand Hotel, its cheap and has good hygiene standers, people there are so helpful, food is not that good, actually I take my meals in any near restaurants.
The perfect thing is its location in the heart of Cairo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Mutasim_Issa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
khartoum
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It is located in the center of cairo, on two main shopping roads ... a very pleasant hotel with clean and comfortable rooms, very friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant had great food with a wide variety of choices...open buffet. I really enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank her_say
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Friendly and helpful hotel staff , always ready to help and sometimes it is very necessary in another country
Great range of food which there really are very good
Week stay at this hotel I always will remember a very nice
I recommend those who want to go shopping (because the hotel is located on the same street as Oxford Street in London)

Room Tip: I recommend this hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Gosha2008
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights Jan 2012. Wonderfully shabby hotel that has clearly seen better days. Room was clean with working shower etc. Although it was dark and the noise from the traffic ran though out the night we enjoyed our stay. The staff were helpful and the security at the main door gave a sense of security for first time Cairo visitors - we quickly realised there was actually no need for it. Certainly thought it was very good value with a hearty breakfast.

Room Tip: The higher rooms are further away from traffic but still noisy
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Annemarie G
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My first impression of this hotel was not that good however it was actually quite good. It is quite old but still nice and very clean. The rooms were nice and spacious however it was difficult to sleep because there is a lot of beeping on the main road which it was sitiated. The restaurant had good food. The hotel is located in downtown Cairo and we were able to walk to the museum.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JGeagea
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2010

First of all, the elevator really scared me. It was verry old. I felt more safe taking the stairs instead. The room was big but the furniture was old and the matress was not verry comfortable. They were offering egyptian food at the buffet (almost only egyptian food) I liked it but for the people that are not verry adventurous in food, they wont have a lot of choices. Overall, the place was kind of clean. I do not know about the value of the hotel because I didnt pay for it. But I like to change so I would not go back there again. The staff was pretty quiet and they were there for us when we needed it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chloe1Montreal
Co. Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This hotel is in a good central location. Our room was on the third floor with a balcony overlooking the busy and noisy streets below. It was roomy, comfortable and clean with a good-sized bathroom with both a tub and shower. With the balcony doors closed, the traffic noise can still be heard but it really didn't bother us. Cairo cannot be described as a quiet city in any shape or form so we just accepted it. We negotiated a very reasonable dinner, bed and breakfast rate and ate every evening in the hotel restaurant. The food for both dinner and breakfast was varied and good and with very friendly waiting staff. There is no alcohol allowed in the restaurant.
We stayed in the Grand Hotel for three nights having left another disappointing hotel. We would definitely recommend it and stay here again if we are ever back in Cairo.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple