“Very good location, friendly staff”
Review of Canadian Hostel

Canadian Hostel
Ranked #54 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Place is located near Tahrir Square, downtown is easy to discover from there. Public transportation (metro & bus) is only a few steps from the entrance. The room was good and the facilities were also in a good condition. There were no problem with cleanliness. The street can be a little noisy during night (as for all downtown hotels). The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even helped me late in the night. Breakfast is reasonably good and it was served fast. Overall it is a nice place in the heart of Cairo and the staff was doing their best to make your stay as convenient as possible.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Zsolt226
There are newer reviews for Canadian Hostel

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Close to Everything hostel is no easy to find in a big city. but CH is perfect and friendly

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hostel is excellent right in the downtown area, near the historical tahrir square and minutes away from other great historical attractions that Egypt has to offer. The hostel is great, the staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help you arrange tours, flight transfer, and other things that will help you have a great experience in Cairo. I have stayed at this hostel twice and I plan on staying there again in the near future, the staff provided my with a free airport transfer and a discounted stay at the hostel because this was my second visit there. I would recommend staying at this hostel without reservation. The free breakfast is great, the WIFI is good, and the staff is great!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I loved staying at this hostel. I stayed there multiple times. The staff was always willing to help me. One night I was supposed to catch a train and was worried about getting on the right one. One of the staff took me to the platform and made sure I was on the right train and in the right seat. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and never got too noisy. I have plans to go back to Egypt in a few months and will definiatly be booking at the Canadain Hostel.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the elevator so you dont have to listen to it open and close.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I found the Canadian hostel to be one of my top experiences in Cairo, Egypt. The place was great, very clean and tidy, plus a real legit feeling, safe, and the staff was GREAT! They were very kind and friendly to all of their travelers never hesitating to give advice about what to see and what to eat in Cairo, it only helped me truly enjoy my time in Egypt. Seriously I’ve done a lot of traveling and have stayed in many hostels, but the Canadian hostel in Cairo is top notch. Don't pass up the chance to visit Egypt, and this wonderful place!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are Great
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Hey Y
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I am from Canada and when I was searching for place to stay in Cairo, the hostel name and flag made a connection right away. The Canadian Hostel is in heart of Cairo, steps away from Revolution Sq (Tahrir Sq) and world famous Egyptian Museum. Other than location, my room was very comfortable and the ever smiling staff was like icing on cake. The tour guide, Mohamed, helped in arranging my Egypt tour and I was very impressed with the service. Overall, I really enjoyed and specially my stay in this Hostel. I was travelling for a year and Egypt was towards end of my journey around the world and what better treat you can get...home away from home. All the best !!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I found the Canadian Hostel by chance. I was looking for a nice, cheap place in the middle of Cairo and here it is. Well, we don't talk about 5* or 4*, but when you main interest is to discover Cairo, then it is the right place. I left early in the morning and returned late at night. My bed was clean, i got a warm shower and had my privacy. The staff is nice and helpful, gives you useful tips, where to go and what to see. I met different people from all over the world and i like to belong to this "huge family of packpackers". Anytime again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo