“highly recommended if u dont mind being in the centre of the noisy Down town”
Review of Arabesque Hotel

Arabesque Hotel
Ranked #48 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed August 16, 2010

t is clean and has friendly workers. I stayed for 3 nights, the room was modern, it had a bathroom with shower.I was pleased with my hotel room. In fact, the room was not what I expected for the price that I paid. I would recommend this hotel to others and I would stay there again.The restaurant`s food is good. Great customer service! Thanks to staff for good advices and for the trip to the pyramids and Nile cruise!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 6, 2010

perfect location for any one how is interested in seeing cairo highlights , yet have a reall test of what is egypt and how cairones leave thier daily life ...
stuff is simply helpfull and super frinedly , food was really good
thanks to everybody there i had i wonderfull holldiay

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2010

i find this hotel really central to all the places we were visting .it just ooppsite the egyptian museum and 5 min. form the bus station . room prices are great value. staff are supppper friendly.. i will defintely stay there again ...cairo is so bug and noisy it really never sleeps
but i guess that what makes diffrent. recommended

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I think it was a great place to stay since I did not have much to spend on luxury hotels. It was a bit noisy but got use to it. I think it was great for the price I paid. Had the basic necessities. It was a bit hot and air con did not work. They came in to fix it but was not fixed probably i believe. Great view and a great place to listen to the beautiful prayer calling! It was extremely loud and pretty cool! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This hotel is right in the area of the famous Cairo Museum (that housees all mummies and artifacts, nothing is left in pyramids!). Its right in the bustling city center, plus its located on 4th or 5th floor of a multistory building and occupies 2-3 floors of the building (this type of arrangement is common in Cairo for hostels & small hotels like these, but nothing wrong about it).

About Hotel:
- Good entrance and nice big lobby with large glass windows overlooking the busy city square. has a small floor seating area with 'sheesha' placed in the center.
- Overall Welcoming area.

About my Room: Main road facing (facing Hilton Hotel across the 6-8 lane flyover)
- Room was well designed and good looking and neat with a good double bed and AC that worked but had to be kept on for long time for it to deliver the cold! TV was an old type box color TV which was the sort that required hitting on top or sides to make the picture clearer in between at times!
- Bathroom was good too with tub and well appointed furnishings.
- Better choose a room at the level of Reception though!
- I was given a room above reception floor and it was a bit stuffy with no TV and 4 beds (remember I am a Solo traveler here!)
- Before paying up the Rent, go see the rooms that are available (Will be helpful)

About the Staff:
Now there are 2 young girls(20-25yrs old) who manage most of the show at reception.
I am unable to recall their names really.
- 1 of them was very nice and friendly and NOT greedy and was rather helpful and interested in knowing the needs of the visitors and helping them arrange for those. (This was the leaner girl, sorry to use these terms, but it will help you guys know who I am talking about when u visit there, if u do).

- The other lady (bit on plump side) was the Greedy one and would be after guests charging for everything we did, from sitting on the computer for like 5 minutes and charging for 1 hour and keep asking for payment even though the guests have not checked out! There is a very efficient system of adding things to the bill, which she seems to not understand!!!

- noone is not going to pay for what they used at any hotel, its the way you be after the money that is irritating and not required on one's vacation.

I would again give a special mention to the other girl who went out of way in arranging for what ever I needed during stay and also giving me tips on seeing the nearby places and how to deal in local market areas.

In all, even if the infrastructure is good, You are not going to talk and deal with the walls and furnishings and the building! the people matter afterall.

To not confuse you all - My final verdict - I would recommend this hotel if you want a central location in downtown area and if you are the kind who is ready to drop money as and when it is asked of you and for any purpose (though not large sums, small amounts like 5 - 10 egyptian pounds for this and that here and there)

The male manager (whom i met only a few times in my 3 days stay was helpful too with offering to arrange for rides for sightseeing etc, the best thing - no pestering to just take it and take it, he offered, then its upto me to take it or not. What he was offering was a bit expensive though as I had already enquired from other places in the market, but I got all the laces to see from him)

Enjoy Egypt, But Beware of anyone approaching you on the streets with "too much helpful" nature. I faced 1 such incident and learnt the lesson :) I will review this story in the City review section surely, Even an Indian like me got into the "Honey Trap" :D though I realized it quickly half way through the incident and readied my escape plan in my head!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We booked this hotel because the location was central and we thought we could easily go anywhere around the city from there. It turned out to be a big mistake since it is really hard going around Cairo on foot. Made me realize why most of 5 stars hotels were outside of the city centre. Staff were friendly. They provided free ride from Cairo airport and the internet was free. The double room was really spacious.

As for the things that could be improved... Considering that hotel is in Cairo I guess room was as clean as you can get, since the whole city is very dirty, but below my standards anyway. We had to ask for towels on the reception since they were not provided to us, but I recommend you bring your own towels, since the ones we eventually got were not something you would like to use. However, we stayed there for 9 nights and no one came to even take the garbage out of the room, let alone clean or change the sheets. To be fair, we did not ask them to do it, but I assumed it's supposed to be something that goes without asking. One shouldn't neglect more than affordable price for this hotel (it was a hotel when we booked a room, but it has recently changed the status to a hostel) and the service is similar to any other hotel in the same price range. If you can afford it, I recommend to book one of 5 stars hotels outside of city centre.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ttatty
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I am really surprised by some of the poor reviews of this hotel, as we had a really great time when we stayed there!

We arranged collection from the airport (free!) which was very quick and efficient. We stayed 5 nights in total, in 2 different rooms (we travelled to Alexandria in between.) Both rooms were spacious, with a clean (but basic) bathroom, decent beds, a/c, TV. There is a pleasant sitting area in reception, and a separate dining area (breakfast was included - fairly typical budget hotel 'continental' breakfast of bread, eggs, cheese, jam, tea, juice, which set us up well for the day.) There is free internet including wireless, which we found very useful.

We didn't take any tours, as we had our itinerary planned already, but the staff were very helpful with advice, e.g. where to get buses/trains, things to visit, booking a taxi.

The location is ideal for exploring central Cairo. It is about 2 minutes from the Museum, with great views of the city lights from the sitting area - the Nile, the Cairo tower, etc.

There were a variety of different people staying there - quite a few backpackers, but also some families and a few Egyptian tourists. The atmosphere was very calming and friendly!

Things I liked least... well, January was a lot colder than we were expecting, so the room was a bit cold (though I'm sure the staff would have given us more blankets if we had asked, but we didn't!) There was nothing really bad though to report!

I would really recommend this hotel to budget travellers and families, especially because of the helpful, friendly staff!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple