“I would visit again”

Ranked #9 of 126 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Mountain View, California
“I would visit again”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days while my first trip to Egypt, I had a wonderful stay. Rooms are clean, owner is really friendly and helpful. Provided left luggage while I went to south Egypt. Location is good as well, walking distance from Museum and just next to one of the famous local falafel place in Cairo.
-ive points include the bathroom, its very small but every room has an attach bathroom and room includes 2 bed so its not too bad. ALthough the owner provides airport pick for 60 LE which is kinda good, however I wont recommend driver. Driver tried to misguide and me took me to the wrong pyramid gates and tried to sell bunch of things, even after me telling him otherwise. He didnt seem to care too much about what I think., avoid the driver.

Overall I would recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank mtrRahul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 26, 2012

That was the second time I've been to Egypt. For some reasons, I didn't go out a lot like most of the tourists. Instead I stayed in the hotel lobby reading novel most of time. And it felt very cozy doing that. You can talk to every one including people staying here or the staffs. You can have a free cup of coffee or tea any time you like. The room(single) is also great. The only problem is the bathroom. It is so small that you have to put your clean clothes outside for not splashing them.

Maybe this is hard to believe, overall, I enjoyed staying here much more than in Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Liyaa L
Cairo
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nice people and nice hotel. I like their "non-Egyptian" style of working. They are really flexible in any negotiations and well-organized. To others who keeps "egyptian" style of working, which is based on "Inshaalah" all I can do here is to offer my regrets for any hurt feelings:) I didn’t mean anything bad. just my point of view, based on my personal experience. If you are going to arrange any trip through this hotel, I would recommend keeping contact with Tatiana, Russian girl who lives there. She is doing her best, emphasizes on the best places in Cairo, and helps you to avoid waste of your time. I had one day only and she really helped me to schedule everything I wanted to visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed December 6, 2011

the staff is v friendly and helpful, my room is clean, neat and cosy, makes me feel like im at home, AC is working well. It would be an advantage if there is a TV in the room, but its not really that important for me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to have a comfortable and budget stay at the same time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Брянск
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Paris hotel in the middle of November. On arrival we were greeted by Walid who was very helpful with a lot of things, especially booking tours and stuff. Our room was pretty comfortable. We also had a cute balcony where we ate our [free] breakfast every morning. Cairo is ssooo dusty that everything appears dirty outside. Our room on the other hand was always kept clean and beds were always made every time. You can have tea anytime and the kitchen facilities are available for everyone 24 hours a day. It was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steiti
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 21, 2011

If you wish to be in touch with a great atmosphere of East, that hotel is definitely for you. I will not recommend that hotel for backpackers or people with a tight budget. But if you have a little extra money and you wish to relax, I recommend Paris hotel definitely. The staff are well trained and friendly, the hotel is located in Talaat Harb street, where you can find a bit everything you need, and you can reach a lot of sights of Cairo easily. Let I skip the description of rooms, there was written a lot about that. But I will tell again and again about the great hospitality and friendly atmosphere which you can find here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Cairo
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I will recommend that hostel to all who will stay in Cairo. It has everything you need: clean rooms, comfortable beds, the hostel is well-located. We were staying in triple room with shower inside. The shower was too small but clean. And there wasn’t problem with hot water at all. The staff is highly hospitality and helpful))) They provided us with information easily and gave us good advices.

We were definitely enjoying by our staying there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends