“Incredibly friendly and helpful!”
Review of Sara Inn Hostel

Sara Inn Hostel
Ranked #61 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
dahab
“Incredibly friendly and helpful!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and nicer - our room was ready when we arrived even though it was 7:00 am, they organised a really good value trip to the pyramids with a knowledgeable driver, and they even gave us a discount because of our name! The room was better than expected considering the price, comfortable, with air con...and it's in a really good location near (but not too near!) Tahrir Square, and walkable to everywhere you might want to visit in Cairo.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank user151

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
new Zealand
Reviewed March 3, 2011

My Husband an I were meet at the airport after a very long trip from New Zealand in April 2010 for the beginning of a 5 month adventure.We had the very good fortune to of been recommended this Hostel as a base to travel around Egypt . The Wonderful Ahmed organized our travel around the Country to see all the sites (at a very reasonable price). This was done is a very personal manner where we felt part of a new family. I had my 40th Bday when we arrived and Ahmed arranged at his own cost the most fantastic evening in Giza facing the pyramids at a traditional restaurant. Every person who worked there made us feel at home and a part of the family. It was the personal touches of being escorted to the train by Ackmed and meet when we came back again that made you feel welcome in this Ancient and very interesting Land. If we had not stayed and meet these wonderful people I think our experiences in Egypt would of been very different. Thank you each and every one of the staff who made our time in Egypt so unforgettable. I think if you want a basic , comfortable place to stay close to the downtown area with reasonable prices and the advantage of a well organized travel agency and finally the loveliest people running it, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank newZealandBobo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2011

My husband and I first booked another hostel for our budget travel. I have to cancel after 2 nigths stay on that hostel. I know Sara Inn was highly recommended by travellers. The location is great. We arrived around 7:00a.m. from overnight train in Luxor. The owner ask the lady clean the room for us since there're family just left. And let us check in before 8:00a.m. without any extra charges. We arrived Dahar at 5:00a.m. to hostel. The owner charge us half day, we feel reasonble too. But he know we're tired, need shower. He walked extra miles for us. That's the heart I see he knows traveller what we need. Breakfast is 7:00a.m. good for catching before the door open in Giza. For the price you pay, it worth.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saycheer
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Excellent hotel. Good value. Very friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful rooms. I had a wonderful stay here, central but quiet.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Urdorf, Switzerland
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Pro:
-We booked shortnotice, didn't know if it's going to work out, and got picked up at the Airport!
- Its pretty quiet for it's location in the middle of downtown.
- nice atmosphere and friendly staff
- Staff can give you helpful information and don't try to press one of their tours on you.
Con:
-Their website is misleading (on purpose!) about the "free pickup" when booking a double room. After you book it they tell you that this is only for an ensuite. If you really go search for it on the website you will eventally find it hidden somwhere though. Also they tried to charge 70LE instead of 60LE for the pickup. On the other hand, it's Egypt!
- WiFi was not working. They claimed it would be a major problem and the entire area would be without internet. I could not get on their router and next door there was Internet, make of this what you want...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed December 18, 2010

As for value for money you can't fund a better spot in Cairo. A few points to note - the average taxi driver will not have a clue how to find this place so make use of the shuttle bus (same goes for any hotel in Cairo). Sara Hotel starts on the 6th floor of a building - there is a lift that works but is dodge.

I can honestly say that I have not met a friendlier management team. Welcoming and happy to help out where they can.

There rooms are modest, but hey this is Cairo.

Highly recommended !

• Stayed December 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This is a hostel not the Hilton, rooms are basic and clean. I booked this hostel because of the free airport pick up but it was a much better experience than expected. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Emails were answered quickly. I was there during a religious holiday and the owner even shared a special meal with me. The cost of the all day tour to Giza, Saqqara, Memphis and Dahshur was reasonably priced. There is free WiFi and two computers with a low hourly fee. The free breakfast was OK. Both the breakfast room and the computer room were great places to meet other travelers. I liked it so well that I stayed there again when I came back through Cairo.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo