“cairo downtown NEW PALACE”
Review of New Palace Hotel

New Palace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands
“cairo downtown NEW PALACE”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

hello,

i want to thank the staff of this place. They are really very friendly and want to help you always. Also the place is very close to almost everything what you imagine. Very nice and well for a good price . Keep on doing good in the future !

Room Tip: you have to look good to find it, but once you find it..it is very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dania A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Like the other patrons have said, from the airport to your departure, the staff, especially the owner sees to it that you are taken care of... of course, it is no palace but very strategically located in downtown especially if you want to go to the Egyptian museum, etc...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Aswarby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

New Palace is in the heart of Cairo, close to the Metro , 26 of July, Talat Harb etc, Despite the Hotel is in " downtown" you don't suffer under Cairo's awful noise.The hotel is not a palace but a good and quite place to get new power for new adventures

Room Tip: Take any room towards the side street or on the rear of the hotel and you enjoy a calm night
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Radhof
Luxor
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have visited 21 countries and stayed at stayed at hundreds of hostels and budget hotels. I can definitely say that The New Palace Hotel was over the top with customer care and service. I was picked at at the airport upon arrival, after an excursion to Sharm El Sheikh I was picked up again at the airport free of charge. The staff ensure your stay is a positive experience, and assisted me with other travel plans in Egypt while staying on my budget. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. I highly recommend The New Palace Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 614, its a corner room and has a nice balcony overlooking Cairo
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathryn W
Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 5, 2012

In this hotel you get what you pay for and much more. Do not forget you are booking a budget hotel, if you want luxury things, you should pay 200€/night and go to another place in Cairo but you won't have what was the best experience of the three hotels i've been in Egypt.

All the staff is really friendly and make you feel like home, e.g. when I arrived early in the morning i did not have enough L.E. to pay the 2 nights and no problems, they told me 'you can pay whenever you want' so I do not understand he bad comments about the money.

When I asked for the tour to Giza they put me in contact with Mr. Ahmed Essan. I explained that I was traveling alone he explained to me step by step how to reach the pyramids and other tourist attractions in Cario. Also that evening I shared tee, olives and cheese with him in the terrace.

About the hotel:

- Location: the 6th floor of an old building in the center, once you open the door of the elevator if you had bad feeling all of them will go away, it is like entering in the egyptian museum, all the big momuments of the ancient Egypt are decorating the walls

- Rooms: Big room with air conditioning and bathroom, the only reason why I'm not giving a 100% is because the furniture is old but they are renovating the rooms in the main floor so prob. that will change soon.

- Staff: The best, Mahmud and Mr Ahmed helped me a lot and we had very nice conversations during the evening in the terrace. They ask you if everything is ok every time you cross them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
cairo
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Is been so lovely and great lodging at New Palace Hotel. This is not ”Never" a wrong bargain staying here. These guys will help you out, in any kind of need both personal is you allow them.
Great Environment, Nice location and excellent hospitality skills. Dr Ahmed and his staffs are down to earth to provide all you need to make your trip/ stay in New Palace a memorable stay always ready to help and assist.

I have been in New Palace for seven weeks now, am a student on transit to Latvia but needed to pick my documents from Cairo to school but due to some delays, I had to exceed my expected stay in Cairo. To my surprise, when I told Dr Ahmed the situation of things " That I have exceeded my accommodation budget and I have only my flight money to school and a small money for my feeding left for the remaining weeks/days to stay". To my surprise he offered me a free accommodation in the hotel for the remaining weeks left for my documents to be approved. I was really surprise to have such an offer.

New Palace is more like a home. At night the "Roof" coffee shop is open for everyone and you have the opportunity to relate with other guests and Dr Ahmad, to share your experiences.

Room Tip: Excellent environment, rooms, services, nice location is at the heart of the downtown Cairo and a sa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
london
Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you want a home away from home when you're travelling, with the most wonderful, funny and helpful staff, comfortable rooms, great location and to meet the best man in Egypt (the hotel manager), then look no further than New Palace hotel. We arrived at 3am, just 4 girls and the staff made us feel immediately safe, secure and excited to be there, wasting no time to get our holiday going and helped us arrange everything from travel to food. Honestly, this hotel has everything you could wish for and more, especially with the budget prices. The rooftop terrace is a great place to socialize, unwind and eat food. Will definitely book this place again and recommend it to anyone from families to backpackers, its AMAZING!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family