“Osiris by the Pyramids” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osiris Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Osiris Hotel
Ranked #34 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Osiris by the Pyramids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

There are 2 Osiris hotels in Cairo, this is for the one by the pyramids. The hotel is average - clean and friendly. The newer 2 story wing is very nice but most rooms are 1 story and garden style. The hotel is sprawling and finding your building is complicated. However once you do find your room, the beds are comfy and clean. I'd say more like 3.5 than a 4.
it is a good location to visit the pyramids and saqqara, but not walking distance like some other hotels in that area of Cairo.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the 2 story wing, it's farther away than the garden pods but the rooms are nic...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Celtic_Traveler-M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

First time in Egypt, here to see the ancient wonders, and a first stop in Cairo. What a shock modern Cairo was. In a good way, it's chaotic, hectic, full of people, smells, colors and sand and pollution...
Anyway, the osiris hotel was kind of my oasis after a long day at the pyramids or in Cairo, I found the staff amiable and helpful at times, you may find them "pushy" but I think it's a national sport for most egyptians, you get used to it.
My room was nice, sober in its decoration but the A/C was working well and it was so welcome, specially at night. The bathroom was simple but working.
The hotel is well located in central Cairo so you can go to the museum on foot, and some local markets are nearby, and it is important because the traffic is at best horrible in Cairo, the subway is an option too as the station is not far.
One the thing, if not THE thing I enjoyed the most was the terrace, in the morning with a cup of coffee or at night, sitting back and enjoying the view over busy Cairo was a must, a great place to start meeting other travellers too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Rita H
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here in October 2012. Owner was very friendly, hotel is clean and basic and very close to the Egyptian Museum. Now is a good time to visit as the crowds are lower than normal. I had a taxi arranged through the hotel and by Cairo standards, he was a good driver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DjLemsip
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had several great days in Cairo and the Staff at Osiris looked after us well. Good clean hotel, central position, good price, not noisy - except the German School opposite when they have the morning assembly!

Osiris met and exceeded our expectations. They found helpful and knowledgeable guides for us and made useful suggestions that meant we got the best from our time.

Don't be put off by adverse media reports about Egypt - lovely country, delightful people, and good hotels like Osiris - who can ask for more?

Room Tip: Check the room/bathroom on arrival - some are a bit small. They were happy to change our room when w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PolarRoot
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have had a great time at the Osiris Hotel. The staff was very friendly and very helpful in my tours in Egypt. The rooms were very clean and fresh every day and the breakfast was nice and the roof top has great view. hotel is located in a convient location close to shopping stores and resturants. The reception desk answered all my questions and gave me great advice to the places that I wanted to see and visit . i was very happy with my stay at osiris hotel and i sugest anyone who want to visit egypt to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: all the hotel was clean so its dosnt matter which room you stay
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mark l
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

this hotel came Very Highly recommended
so I booked it
the staff were so nice and friendly they made me feel like I was at home
every thing was so nice and it was very clean
at night it was so beautiful it took my breath away so quite, and the view was just amazing
in the morning the Breakfast was very nice
not to much just right, the Cafe guy Hussien was so helpfull and he was always smiling he was just great.
I sit with Raed he was in the reception and he is a good orgnizer he did good Organizing my trip. i just enjoyed the tour he put together for me and my family it was just perfect.
I will stay here always, I can't say enought about this Hotel and the staff, again Raed was the Best and I can't thank him enough for this experiance, it's one my family and I will never forget. Just breath taking. Thank you all so very Much we will see you again so very soon.
this is my home away from home

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank boobet25
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in the Osiris hotel for one night, and the guy behind the counter was pushy for us to get his driver. He wasn't happy that we did not arrange it but to see Cairo you are way better off to go on your own taxis (this is if of course you bargain to the right price). It costed us perhaps 1/4 of his price. He repetitively tried the taxi trick... even to the train station. When I complained he said that I could get my own transport to the station and that the taxi driver would go around in circles to charge me more. I showed him my iPhone and told him that I had a GPS and the destination in the map.

The guy was unhelpful when we needed some tickets, I have travel and stayed in lots of hotels and it is hard to remember a less helpful staff.

On the plus side, the hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. Their terrace view is great!
I probably would not stay again over there, though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple