“Just like home”

“Just like home”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

this hotel came Very Highly recommended
so I booked it
the staff were so nice and friendly they made me feel like I was at home
every thing was so nice and it was very clean
at night it was so beautiful it took my breath away so quite, and the view was just amazing
in the morning the Breakfast was very nice
not to much just right, the Cafe guy Hussien was so helpfull and he was always smiling he was just great.
I sit with Raed he was in the reception and he is a good orgnizer he did good Organizing my trip. i just enjoyed the tour he put together for me and my family it was just perfect.
I will stay here always, I can't say enought about this Hotel and the staff, again Raed was the Best and I can't thank him enough for this experiance, it's one my family and I will never forget. Just breath taking. Thank you all so very Much we will see you again so very soon.
this is my home away from home

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank boobet25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in the Osiris hotel for one night, and the guy behind the counter was pushy for us to get his driver. He wasn't happy that we did not arrange it but to see Cairo you are way better off to go on your own taxis (this is if of course you bargain to the right price). It costed us perhaps 1/4 of his price. He repetitively tried the taxi trick... even to the train station. When I complained he said that I could get my own transport to the station and that the taxi driver would go around in circles to charge me more. I showed him my iPhone and told him that I had a GPS and the destination in the map.

The guy was unhelpful when we needed some tickets, I have travel and stayed in lots of hotels and it is hard to remember a less helpful staff.

On the plus side, the hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. Their terrace view is great!
I probably would not stay again over there, though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at hotel without booking in morning. Guy at reception was unfriendly and arrogant.

However room was clean and location was good.

Breakfast was very basic. I recommend arranging your own taxi drivers etc as hotel charges a large commission.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Damos66
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

- This place is an oasis in the crazy city of Cairo (July 2012).
In a city full on people promising the world this placed delivered - Good hospitality, service and very helpful with travel in and around Egypt. Nabil was excellent to deal with and available to answer any and all questions.
> PJR Long Beach, NY USA

Room Tip: Call ahead it's in the LP guide
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter R
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hotel is fine for staying in the middle of Cairo. We had a large family room with a lot of space. It was clean. Location is close to Tahrir Square, although the main road has been walled off for security reasons (riots in the square last year). It is on the top floor of a commercial building which is impossible to find. The hotel owner sends a taxi (for an expensive price) to come pick you up from the airport, otherwise, there is no way you can find the hotel.

Breakfast is very basic.

We stayed at the Grand Pyramids in Giza before coming here, so were spoiled by the buffet breakfast, huge pool, modern rooms.

In comparison, Osiris is lacking. No pool, no outdoor space, no phone or Internet. However, this is in downtown Cairo so location is so much better.

Owner was nice enough. Sold us a day trip to Saquarra with a very good guide. Tried to sell us a desert trip in middle of July - even the guide told us it was way too hot. I was hot enough in Cairo so no way was I going out to the desert.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CamperSF
Shaker Heights, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a relatively cheap hotel, very near Tahrir Square, but the French couple that own it run a tight ship. The rooms are clean, if Spartan, and well-taken care of. The bed in a double is large and fairly comfortable; the bathroom is clean, though one does have to swab the floor after showering. Breakfast on the balcony each morning is light but tasty, accompanied by a gorgeous view of downtown Cairo. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I found this place fine, with a young family it was nice to have a large enough room for the kids to play and us to rest.
Breakfast was reasonable and the outside terrace was a great place for a drink after a long day of site seeing.
This hotel gave you a 'true' feeling of Egypt.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family