$154
$174
$135
$150
$104
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
$176
$230
$179
Cancelon
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $301/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 14, 2010

we really liked the Havana hotel - they offered us a free pickup from the airport which was great - wasn't sure about the location at first but once we'd settled in, really liked it - it's in a neighbourhood with plenty of shops, restaurants etc all within walking distance, and easy to get a taxi wherever you need to go. the room was big and cleaned every day to a good standard - nice hot showers - breakfast was fine, bit samey but wasn't a problem! would definitely recommend to friends going to Cairo - lovely place for the price

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I travelled to Egypt from 15th to 26th September 2010 with my family.

The hotel was clean with basic amenities in place....don't expect anything fancy here. The linen and towels were changed daily. We had some issues with the cleaning of the washrooms but that was sorted to our satisfaction.

We got our tours done from here...

One big TIP here - During the tours, the guide might insist on eating in a place that serves buffet........these buffet lunches charge a lot and don't mean much....so you can stick to Mac Donald's and KFC.....they are safe, both money and hygiene wise.

You can buy water and drinks, some dry snacks to store in the room from Metro departmental store which is two minutes walk on the left as you leave the hotel.

I must mention that Mr. Mohammad Fathy, the manager in Havana Hotel was a great help....very enterprising!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2010

The Hotel was very nice and cozy. The people there very friendly and helpful and they speak English !!

Room always clean. Toilet facilities good. Hot water round the clock. A/C available.

I really enjoyed my stay there. If ever I go to Cairo...I will definitely stay there.
Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My company sent me to Tel Aviv on business, and I felt if I was here in the Middle East anyway, I had to visit Egypt. As a woman alone, I was concerned as to how I would fare. Through Trip Advisor (and recognizing the name of a guide already known to a friend) I picked the Havana Hotel. It is on the Giza side of the Nile, so across the river from the downtown core, but as cabs are inexpensive, that doesn't matter so much. It is unlikely that as newcomers you would be doing much wandering on the streets alone anyway.

The hotel facilites themselves are just adequate, but okay.. Make sure to ask for a room in the back, as otherwise you hear all the noise from the traffic. Breakfast is passable (though how I wish hotels, etc. would stop serving Instant Coffee everywhere!), but a TV is always on there with loud music/commercials playing, so one does not tend to linger. Don't bother eating dinner there - go to one of the larger hotels for that.

What was truly outstanding for me - as a single woman - were the people the hotel use for transportation and for tours. The hotels driver pick you up from the airport for free, just call to make the arrangement. Bassem was my driver and while I was here I saw quite a bit of him: he was very reliable AND a good source of information about Cairo and Egypt. The hotel also offers a number of packages - in retrospect, I'd avoid the Light Show at the Pyramids, and the dinner cruise, but the tour of the Pyramids and Saqqara, as lead by Michel, was excellent. Michel was also a font of information about all things Egyptian.

If you ARE a woman travelling alone, keep in mind that walking on the street by yourself is problematic. Very few Egyptian women seem to be on the street, it is almost all men, and even if you are 'modestly attired', you will stand out as a non-Egyptian. This is why I was so pleased with the quality of people provided by the Havana.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Gizella10
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Stayed at the Havana for four nights with family. Location was excellent with safe streets and local shops, ATMs and good restaurants within easy walking. Quieter and cheaper than downtown Cairo. Rooms clean if basic but everything essential is provided (en suite, TV, free WiFi). Oddly, spoons at breakfast seem to be at a premium - but provided if you ask! Good range of tours arranged (very good guide plus driver) and although more expensive than doing it yourself it was well worth the extra for the convenience and protection from the inevitable Egyptian scams! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family