$189
$150
$320
$230
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $315/night.

$104
$236
$140
  • Pool
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
$198
$138
$179
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 8, 2010

The Havana arranges a reliable airport pick-up and drop-off, which is really helpful if it's your first time in Egypt. They also went out of their way to help make all aspects of our stay easy, such as suggesting a good price to offer taxi drivers (which can be a little daunting on your first day out). The front desk is open 24/7.

On the day when we had to leave at 6am to get a bus, they provided us with a breakfast box. Admittedly there was no plastic cutlery, so eating the yoghurt and spreading the butter was slightly tricky, but they still gave us food after we had checked out, which was really nice.

The rooms were clean and very well appointed, with a powrful shower and clean towels and fresh soap daily. The beds are a little hard, so if soft beds are a priority for you, it might be an idea to look elsewhere. That said, spare pillows and blankets are provided.

Laundry service is fast and efficient, although the colours ran on a (not new) skirt I had washed, so check for bright colours if you need your laundry done.

The hotel is well situated for tourists, as there are numerous cheap(ish) restaurants within walking distance, and the 24-hour Metro supermarket is only a couple of doors down. Although the windows are double-glazed with heavy curtains, thus keeping the rooms quiet, the views are nothing to write home about, especially from the side rooms, which are quite dark and look out onto a brick wall. If you're planning on being out sightseeing all day however, I wouldn't worry about that.

They also have a swap-your-own bookshelf, which is nice. The breakfast buffet is tasty, with Egyptian staples such as Sausages and Fuul. They also provide more western options such as yoghurt and croissants.

All in all, this is a great hotel both for a first-time trip and return visits.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Very supporting staff on the reception, especially Michael and Mohammed who arranged our tour package perfectly for us after arranging it at very short notice. Hotel arranged pickup very efficiently for most trips; was very useful! Is inexpensive hotel, good for budget trip, location is a little far out from major attractions, but accessible resturants in walking distance. would recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I spent two days and two nights in hotel Havana in Cairo, and I am very satisfied with provided services.
Rooms are comfortable, clean and very quite. These are very important features if we know that is very difficult to find inexpensive but a decent hotel in Egyptian capital.
I payed 100$ for two nights with breakfast, that is relative affordable prices.
The hotel is located in a quiet and fairly clean part of town, which reminded me of my beloved Belgrade.
On my arrival, in the morning, I was greeted at the airport by hotel driver who transported me to the hotel. A very friendly young man, Michael, was not only a good driver, but an excellent travel guide. He pointed me to the major city areas and important facilities along the road from the airport to the hotel. It was mine pleasure not only as the person who first time came to this city but also as a journalist who learn very useful things about this city.
The important fact is safety of hotel.
Hotel is located in a very safe place and I truly recommend evening walks to nearby cafes and confectioners. You need taxi to the downtown but it is not far away. The best taxi is „white taxi”, which is a novelty in Cairo, and includes payments based on mileage. On this way, you saving yourselves of the bargaining with the drivers and tricks about returning the change. At the entrance to the hotel there is a security scanner and very
discreet security personnel of the hotel so you can be completely relaxed, if your head is full of Western political stories about terrorism and the dangers for tourists. Personally I felt very safe. Nothing less than in own country.
What particularly impressed me was the fact that the hotel made up of multinational personnels: Muslims and the Orthodox Christians. Regardless of religion the staff is very friendly.
In the rooms there is a Wi-Fi Internet and immediately upon entering the room you will get the code for a free 24-hour internet access. It is very important considering that even in the most of luxury Cairo hotels the Interent must be additionally paid. In the hotel lobby there is multi-lingual mini-library where you can rent a book for reading in the room. I especially like this because of my job and because of frequently using the Skype for phoning around the world.
Several Japanese tourists have been accommodated in room next to mine.
Since I had a very early flight I informed the official on reception about the time of my departure so immediately before the leaving the hotel it waited me the breakfast-package previously calculated in price of accomodation.
If I ever back to Cairo, I will for sure again be here.
I recommend this hotel from all my heart.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank journalist92
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Nice hotel clean and comfotable except for the beds. If you have a bad back you might want to make another choice. The Tours we're great with very knowlegable tour guides.
If you choose the Luxor overnight tour, please insist on a sleeper train. This is along train ride for a chair.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelfree527
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We stayed at the Havana Hotel for 4 nights, and I mainly chose this hotel for its tours and availabilty to arrange them whenever is better for you, they can call a driver and you can choose where you want to go or visit. On the other hand its located in a good area with a close supermarket, restaurants and shops, you can go walking. The staff is very helpfull and friendlyl, I had a nice time and stay and I deffinetly would recommend it or come back!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple