See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed in Ramses II for 3 nights. Well, before getting in here, I've checked about 4 others hostels in the same street. The funny thing that all of them had the same price per double (about 120 EGP). But were completely different. The main thing for me is a private bathroom a bit better than a hole in the floor. So these 4 had the hole or even shared bathrooms, and at Ramses it was even a tiny bath in the room, and also quite clean. Internet was a bit slow, bed is clean, small window, towels were clean too. AC was there, but they took the TV out after we got in (?). Staff were nice and unpushy, helped us with all directions, kept our luggage after checking out. The breakfast was really poor.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I read some good reviews before booking but was very disappointed. I had to change the room 3 times. I had to ask for a towel and a glass to drink from,the hot water took a long time to come and was lukewarm .Mr scrooge 's breakfast consisted of a small bread roll cut in half ,a square of jam,butter and triangle piece of cheese+ a cup of tea It costs 1.5 egyptian pounds =18 pence . Watch out for the resident cat. The staff were indifferent and grumpy and sometimes rude.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank fawzyradwan
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I stayed 5 night on my first trip and had a room with no window but I paid a fairly cheap price, 85EGP per night for a single room, with double bed, AC, TV; the bathroom was relatively clean, the bed was clean; the second time, I asked to have a room with a balcony which was great because the hotel is on the 12th floor and you have a great view on Cairo. I was however told that the price for a room for a one person has risen to 100 EGP per night. Still this is fairly cheap for this type of hotel and for having your own bathroom, in comparison to what some of my fellow travelers paid in other hotels. The hotel is well located, right in the center on Talat Haarb, the shopping street of Cairo, a few minutes walk from the Museum.
The only and very annoying downside of this hotel is the arrogance of the guys at the reception… (Except the night time receptionist named Amr who is really friendly and try his best to help you).
I found them very unhelpful and not friendly at all, one of them did not even know where the Turgoman bus station is (the biggest bus station in Cairo, only 10mn walk from the hotel).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2008

The Ramses II has an excellent downtown location, and because it's on the 12th floor, it was very quiet. The staff is helpful, our room was clean, there was no problem with hot water, and the internet use was fast and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this place as a centrally located budget hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 3, 2008

We arrived at the hostel at 4am and were taken upstairs for a welcome drink. we were soo tired, but all the guy wanted to do was sell us tours and when we said we needed to think about it as we were so tired we were made to feel like idiots.

Then.. the room.... The toilet was dirty- there was poo on the seat of the toilet so god knows how clean the rest of the room was.

Against my better judgement we decided to try a a day tour with them. The driver kept falling asleep and the tour guide was really inappropriate and there was alot of sexual inuendo. As two girls travelling alone-they just made us feel really uncomfortable. If you stay there just be aware of the staff. It is just about bearable if you just sleep there....just.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends