See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2014

Post revolution, I don't think this hostel has much going for it. Our experience was so bad we chose to leave and find another place to stay. Having informed them of our early arrival, they left us waiting in the reception for two hours and then eventually took is to our room. This was a triple single room despite booking well in advance a double bed room. We were disappointed the rooftop eating area was closed as well. When we complained about the room, the staff were rude and unsympathetic but eventually offered us a double 6 floors higher in a no wifi zone. We had just had enough and didn't feel comfortable staying here so they returned our money and after some hassle destroyed our passport details (burning them in front of us in some manic show after refusing to give them to us). This hotel isn't ready for tourists yet, but maybe with some work it will be soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ELKElliston
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is worth the money, clean and big balcony with beautiful views! Safe hotel, but the owner of the hotel is not very nice. He's very demanding about his money. Its not what he says, its how he says it. Its very close to stores and transportation. I recommend this hotel for budget traveller, but the hotel does not have towels. The maids do not clean your room everyday. You have to make a request at the reception to have your room cleaned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ava W
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We originally booked with the King Tuts hostel downstairs but we were moved here for some reason. Basic rooms. We got one with a balcony on the 1th floor. Coool view. Breakfast is just 2 rolls and a couple of cheese triangles. Wifi worked. Had TV with BBC news. Lift often didnt work. Bed bugs in the bed though. Friendly staff and your room is cleaned every day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mccaramba
Reviewed June 30, 2010

This hotel is good value for money. Clean room and big balcony is with great views.
Im female and i was travelling alone. I felt safe in this hotel. Staff is very nice and friendly. Amr is the best! :)
I recommend this hotel for all budget travellers wanting good value for money ! :)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Emsku01
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed here for 6 months. Abdou the owner, and all the staff, treated me with great care and respect. They are extremely friendly, helpful, and supportive people. The Hotel is situated right in the center of downtown and it was very easy to walk or catch a taxi to anywhere. Many nights we shared dinner take in from the surrounding restaurants. The prices of the meals were affordable to the inexpensive side and very good! Their breakfast was what I usually eat in America. If I wanted more they happily served it! Mahmoud, Mustafa, Amr, and all the others became my friends. They offered help willingly in every situation I encountered while I lived in Egypt. I would highly recommend anyone to stay there when they visit Cairo.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business