See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We originally booked with the King Tuts hostel downstairs but we were moved here for some reason. Basic rooms. We got one with a balcony on the 1th floor. Coool view. Breakfast is just 2 rolls and a couple of cheese triangles. Wifi worked. Had TV with BBC news. Lift often didnt work. Bed bugs in the bed though. Friendly staff and your room is cleaned every day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mccaramba
Reviewed June 30, 2010

This hotel is good value for money. Clean room and big balcony is with great views.
Im female and i was travelling alone. I felt safe in this hotel. Staff is very nice and friendly. Amr is the best! :)
I recommend this hotel for all budget travellers wanting good value for money ! :)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Emsku01
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed here for 6 months. Abdou the owner, and all the staff, treated me with great care and respect. They are extremely friendly, helpful, and supportive people. The Hotel is situated right in the center of downtown and it was very easy to walk or catch a taxi to anywhere. Many nights we shared dinner take in from the surrounding restaurants. The prices of the meals were affordable to the inexpensive side and very good! Their breakfast was what I usually eat in America. If I wanted more they happily served it! Mahmoud, Mustafa, Amr, and all the others became my friends. They offered help willingly in every situation I encountered while I lived in Egypt. I would highly recommend anyone to stay there when they visit Cairo.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed in Ramses II for 3 nights. Well, before getting in here, I've checked about 4 others hostels in the same street. The funny thing that all of them had the same price per double (about 120 EGP). But were completely different. The main thing for me is a private bathroom a bit better than a hole in the floor. So these 4 had the hole or even shared bathrooms, and at Ramses it was even a tiny bath in the room, and also quite clean. Internet was a bit slow, bed is clean, small window, towels were clean too. AC was there, but they took the TV out after we got in (?). Staff were nice and unpushy, helped us with all directions, kept our luggage after checking out. The breakfast was really poor.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I read some good reviews before booking but was very disappointed. I had to change the room 3 times. I had to ask for a towel and a glass to drink from,the hot water took a long time to come and was lukewarm .Mr scrooge 's breakfast consisted of a small bread roll cut in half ,a square of jam,butter and triangle piece of cheese+ a cup of tea It costs 1.5 egyptian pounds =18 pence . Watch out for the resident cat. The staff were indifferent and grumpy and sometimes rude.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo