The Karvin Hotel
Azar Hotel(Cairo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everything was fine aside from the shower and wifi.

The shower was hot for 1 minute than cold permanently after that.

By the way the shower is actually a knee-high tap above a shower tray.

Also trying to keep it on was quite a puzzle. You pill this button up and it jumps back down. So you try again and you get some water for 30 seconds than it jumps down again.

I used some cardboard to wedge it on.

The wifi is so slow it cannot be used. It took 5 minutes to load google.

The staff admitted it was not acceptable said they will send technician but no one arrived. The next day they asked me to pay for it and I said the service didn't work as they described.

He argued with me and could not see the problem at all. Eventually my mom spoke the the manager and he dropped the charge.

I can do without wifi and shower so not that bad.

The breakfast was really nice. The hotel is set in a quiet street. Near to shops and close to the mall.

Great location.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alan S
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Karvin hotel is great value for money, with friendly and helpful staff. We stayed at this hotel for only one night between flights, and it was perfect for this. The room was basic, but clean and tidy. The Indian restaurant is very good, and the rooftop terrace is comfortable, although there was a bit of pressure to purchase something there. We had mint tea. The front desk staff were happy to call metered taxis for us (so much better/cheaper than any other option), and because we had to leave at 4am and could not stay for the hotel breakfast they put together a complimentary packed breakfast for us. I cannot comment on the other reviews I now see here as we were fortunately in the habit of always taking all of our valuables with us when we left the room anyway, so there was no opportunity for anything to be stolen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up to help minimise the street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christo F
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Like other travellers, I had money in travellers cheques stolen from me at this hotel. Despite overall friendly staff and a popular roof garden and restaurant, the management do not seem to be concerned that they employ thieves. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 744JackC744
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Karvin Hotel is a good, The rooms are spotlessly clean, and the staff is friendly and eager to assist. Food had just the right amount of spices and flavor. They served us an authentic north Indian meal. I give 5 stars for their customer service and the taste of the food. !! But personal items stolen from my room at this hotel, I will never book at this hotel again.

Room Tip: like me your personal items may be stolen.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mukesh S
TheKarvinHotel, Owner at The Karvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Mr. Sharma,
Thank you for sending the very positive comments of the Karvin where you stayed from July 8 to July 15 (7 nights).
Regarding your accusation of the loss of personal items from your room, this information was given to us a day before your departure. You very clearly informed us of the open envelope with your cash was in the room, unattended since you checked in on July 8.
As you were informed the check in registration card and the room notice card clearly states in English and Arabic, all valuables and cash must be kept in the receptions hotel safe or secured in your suit case with a lock and key.
With housekeeping, room service, maintenance, bell men etc, coming to your room for the 6 previous days it is virtually impossible to identify the culprit and the hotel cannot be held responsible for you not following our written rules and regulations.
As a good will gesture we have complimented the last night’s room rent, a copy of which is attached with your signature.
We are hoping you well stay with us again. It was our pleasure meeting and welcoming you. But may we request you to please keep your cash and valuables in the hotel safe or in your locked suit case.
Kaval Nain Oberoi

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Simply put, with personal items stolen from my room at this hotel, I will never book at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michael J