“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN CAIRO... GREAT, GREAT AND GREAT”

Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Ranked #7 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Jeddah
“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN CAIRO... GREAT, GREAT AND GREAT”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

ok the guys already mentioned how this place is great to stay.. i stiaed there for 5 nights and here is my tips for you:
1- Nile city owner is the same of "mobinile..mobile company" that is mean use only mobinile sim ... the other operators are weak signal.

2-Close to the hotel, there is a lounge called "tamaraya". the best place to enjoye the world class of music and food ... 7 star place

3-the concierge @ hotel was too helpful, ask for chrestiene, she toke my mobile number in order to remind me about my booking and my reservations! is this somthing great ... all of thm are great

4-dont go for the lemousine there. the new taxi in cairo are quit good and not much expensive

5- close ot the hotel, there are good cinma theater, caspar and gambenies and star bucks, that is mean, the location is one of the kind and my final tip

6-The nile viwe. most of the 5 star hotel in cairo assure the you can see the nile viwe from your room (with extra worth price). the super talent and great of firmount, is that you can see the nile while you are on bed, AND even if you take shower!! WOOOW i love this idea

see my personal picture @ hotel

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aido4ever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I got violently sick from a meal in this hotel. I found the service to be ok but a little mean spirited. There is no gym, just a guest room with a running machine and cycles. Internet access is priced at a premium level, $30 / day, but service is poor. The rooms can be noisy - every time next door made a phone call or turned on their TV I could hear it. The bathroom floor in my room was dirty. They don't have a money changing facility.

This was my first stay at this hotel, I usually stay at the Conrad just down the road. I certainly won't be staying at this hotel again and I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Carden2
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Fairmont Nile City for 2 nights. The hotel is extremely safe and secure, which was important to us. The lobby is huge and impressive, but more impressive was the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. Check in was quick and we were escorted to our suite. We had a fantastic view of the Nile, a very cushy bed, and a crib was already set up in the room along with a tray of things for our son- baby powder, baby oil, small toys, etc. It was a great touch. There were a couple of things wrong with the room- the safe didn't work, one of the remote controls had no batteries, and the movie channels had no volume. Engineering was in our room within 2 minutes and had all the problems resolved in less than 10 minutes. There were no other problems.
The Concierge Desk helped us with tours and guides. They were always smiling. Come to think of it, everyone was always smiling, and asking how we were, and stopped to play with our son. The Napa Grill restaurant had a great buffet with a good mix of Egyptian and more continental items to choose from. We never made it to the other restaurant (Vietnamese) because it was a little more formal and we had the baby. The lobby bar had a piano player and singer each night we were there.
The hotel is located right next to a shopping mall that also had a few restaurants and cafes a movie theater, and a great juice bar. We will happily stay here again if we return to Cairo.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed August 1, 2010

In few words... stayed for 6 nights.... not a single mistake... best quality in everything... Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed at the Fairmont for four nights. We arrived on my birthday and check in was quick. The room was excellent, spotless, and pure luxury. As it was my birthday the hotel brought me a cake but i told them I had an egg allergy they then ornated the room with a beautiful display of chocolates. This was a great stay although internet was priceyand for a five star hotel it should be complimentary. As far as the room is concerned I struggled to find anything wrong.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Wonderful hotel. Beautiful rooms, astoundingly attentive and pleasant staff-- altogether superb. Have stayed elsewhere in Cairo but would now never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Cairo Nile City Center for 3 nights in the middle of June. It is a stunning hotel with beautiful rooms, excellent service and great food. The rooftop pool area is something very special about this hotel. You can swim and relax there until very late at night.
The rooms are stylish and the beds are very comfortable. It seems that this hotel can do anything you want. I needed an Egyptian sim card for my phone and the concierge set me up with a new line and minutes. They also arranged my tour of the pyramids.The food was excellent, but I would just be a little careful if you choose to have breakfast in the hotel. There was confusion with the price when we ordered breakfast. We went to the front desk and they waived the price of our entire breakfast. Also, we had lunch in another restaurant in the hotel and they charged about $8- for a liter of Evian water.
Also, on the first night I heard loud, bass heavy music coming from the rooftop pool area late at night. It did not bother my wife and I, but I imagine it could bother someone on a floor closer to the source. They need to get rid of this nonsense right away. It does fit in this class of hotel. These were just minor issues.
The hotel is located on the Nile River, but you will need about 10-15 minutes by taxi to reach the main attractions. This is not really a big deal at all.
The GT manager Amr is very professional and friendly. He gave us an upgrade on our room, which had a full view of the NIle with a balcony. We highly recommend this hotel. This was the best hotel experience we have ever had. A five star experience. We wanted to stay longer. This is a true five star hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple