“This is how good 5 star hotel should be.”

Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Calgary,AB,Canada
“This is how good 5 star hotel should be.”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Form the first moment of arrival when the doorman opened the door of our car to to the last second of stay I liked that hotel. Service is great at every part of the hotel. My two years old daughter got a doll on check in. They also arranged a crib for her and full set of things you need for a little one, like few diapers, baby shampoo , oil. Room was spotless and I liked the glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom, so we could enjoy view of the Nile river while taking the bath. The electric plugs are switchable 110 -220 V and you can use multiple shapes. There are few restaurants in the hotel and few nice ones on the walking distance from it. The hotel once are more expensive. The pool is nice on top of the roof + they have kids pool.
I have to say I didn't like Cairo.Too busy, too dirty, too noisy for me, so if not the hotel, it wouldn't be so relaxing to stay there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I chose this hotel based on TA reviews and the fact that I wanted to relax in a nice place at the end of my Egypt holiday. Upon arriving to my room, I learned that the pool was closed for the next few days. What??? Grrrrr! I chose this hotel because I wanted a nice roof top pool. I even called before I booked my room to make sure it would be operational.....assured it would be. So I was a little disappointed. Now they did offer to send me to other hotel, but I wanted to stay HERE! The manager, Cherry, was great!! She offered me an upgraded room at no charge and then free transport to another hotel up the street (Conrad) to use their pool.....it was good. Yes, it would have been nice to simply go up the elevator to the roof, but really in the grand scheme of things....not a deal breaker for me! The staff at this hotel is super! So polite and took care of anything I wanted. The room was VERY clean and the free wi-fi was great considering how expensive the hotel internet was at other hotels in Egypt. The bed was soooooo comfortable!!! I would stay here again, for sure!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank hawaiiboundToronto
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We got here today May 27th, 2010. Its hot in Cairo so we went up to the pool. There was a body guard that told us the pool was shut. We could see that it was shut because they were preparing the pool for some type of private party. We could see that they were installing speakers and props for the party. It is for an event that guests will not be allowed to attend. Don't expect to have access to the pool when you get here.

What? We picked this place because its hot in Cairo and we wanted to swim. Its $250.00 per night and I can't swim in the pool? Honestly, I felt used. I called and asked to speak to the manager, and he said that the pool is closed for maintenance. Which I observed wasn't true with my own eyes. He offered to by us the taxi fair to another resort across the river to use their pool. But thats 10 minutes away. I wanted to walk to the elevator and go up to this pool and they rented the pool out for a private party.

I asked for a discount explaining that I spent $250 per night expecting to swim. He said that since I booked my room through the internet, he (the manager) didn't know what I was paying, so he couldn't give me a discount. I asked for a discount on what the hotel received, and he said it was against hotel policy, and he didn't know what the hotel gets for me being here. I doubt that is true either. What manager doesn't know their business's income?

I am not happy. The desk people, the bell boys, everyone else has been great here, but the management is dismal. You should not book here. Its should cost the Fairmont money for how they treat their guests. This is not the Fairmont that you have come to know in other parts of the world. Sorry to report the bad news. Do not expect good management when you travel to this brand. The manager on duty who did this was Amr Almaqa.

Sorry to give you the bad news,
Dan Bell
dhb2015@yahoo.com

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DanBell
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We recently stayed at the Fairmont Nile City twice during a 10 day trip to Egypt and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I travelled to Egypt with my mum and sister and the stays in Cairo formed either end of the trip which also visted Luxor (see separate review of the Hilton Luxor - another fantastic hotel).

This was the first holiday in nearly a year so I wanted to ensure the hotels we stayed in were luxurious without being over-priced or too old fashioned. During the first stay at the FNC, we booked into a room on the Fairmont Gold level and I highly recommend this purely for the fact that you have access to pretty much unlimited food and drink in the lounge all day and also free WIFI (although you can get this throughout the hotel if you are a member of the Fairmont President's Club which I am), but more than any of those items, the service you receive from the staff in the lounge is fantastic. They really do go the extra mile to help you with anything you need. I debated between this hotel and the Conrad Cairo for ages before I booked but I know I picked the best one for the price we paid.

One thing to be aware of though, is that some of the non Nile view rooms do overlook a nightclub which is VERY noisy on Friday nights. As we had booked a standard Fairmont Gold room we did not have a Nile view when we arrived. However, luckily for us, we arrived at the hotel at around 2am on Saturday morning when the nightclub was in full swing and when the Fairmont Gold staff member showed us to the room, we immediately heard the extremely noisy music (I couldn't understand why the rooms were not sound proofed). The staff member just shrugged it off and apologised that the room overlooked the club and left us in the room. However, the Gold manager popped into our room about 10 minutes later and asked if everything was fine with the room at which point I took the opportunity to point out that it wasn't as it was nearly 2.30am, we were exhausted from our flight and wanted to go to sleep but obviously there was the slight inconvenience of a pounding nightclub below!. However, to give them credit, the manager said "you are 100% right and this is not acceptable" and immediately moved us to a nile view gold room across the hall for the much needed peace and quiet and they did not charge us any extra for this either which was very good of them.

We stayed at the FNC again for the last two nights of our trip and this time we did not book the gold floor but just a standard room and the room was exactly the same size as the room we had previously on the gold floor but there were certain amenities missing such as the Nespresso machine, larger Miller Harris products etc. but overall, this was also a good stay. However, I did notice the difference between the service you receive on the gold floor which is just exemplary and the staff cannot do enough for you to that received on the normal floors.

My overall thoughts are that if you want a gorgeous, modern but luxurious hotel near the centre of Cairo, definitely stay here but do book a room on the Gold floor if you can, as the extra price more than makes up for the enhanced service you receive (as well as the unlimited food and drink if you are into eating!).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Catface
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Beautiful hotel that ticks all the boxes. Gorgeous rooms with the most fabulous bathrooms!!Fluffy robes and deluxe toiletries. This really is true 5 star quality. Lovely breakfast - definitely try the fresh strawberry juice!!! My only criticism would be the minimum charge for using internet is a bit steep if you only want 5 minutes...but wasn't really a problem.

• Stayed April 2010
samar a, Digital Marketing Manager at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this review, February 9, 2017

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We were privileged and delighted that you enjoyed your visit here at the hotel. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence.

Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which has greatly motivated us all.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to accompanying you soon at Fairmont Nile City.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 27, 2010

After a lot of research of hotels in Cairo before my trip, I decided on the Fairmont hotel Nile City. Since the hotel is new to Cairo, even my friend that lives here wasn't familiar with it. I am so glad I chose to stay at the Fairmont! This review might sound a bit too good to be true, but I have never been so impressed by a hotel and its staff before. Here are some highlights of the stay:

-The hotel is very clean, brand new, great style and hip.
-Security was very complete entering by car or foot.
-We were upgraded to the Fairmont Gold level and were escorted to the executive floor to check-in.
-The staff at the hotel and more specifically the staff at Fairmont Gold have been exceptional!!! (Noteably Abdul and Sharif) Always ready to help arrange a taxi or car, complimentary breakfast (best comp breakfast I have ever had), snacks & deserts in the late afternoon and evening.
-The lounge for the Fairmont Gold floor had a great view of the Nile and Cairo,, great place to relax and free WiFi/computers to use.
-The pool on the roof was amazing as well. Great views and a full bar/restaurant.
-The one down side is the location of the hotel. It isn't far away from the action of downtown Cairo and the taxi rides are so cheap so it is worth it. I have also discovered that you won't be able to walk to many sites in Cairo since they are so far apart, so even if you are at the grand hyatt (went there for dinner and it looked like a hotel from the 70's) or the Four Seasons, you'll be grabbing taxis anyway.
-The room was great as well. Bathroom was amazing (bathtub, shower, amenities)... Beds were great as well.

Overall, very pleased with my week at the Fairmont, and the kindness of the staff was the most memorable part of the stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Maglód
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Our tour company beauty of Egypt selected us that hotel when we asked for ultra luxury hotel close to city center,It is very good hotel ,modern,has wide choice of breakfasts, clean and very convenient for the center of the city.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple