“Amazing stay in The Fairmont Nile City”

Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Ranked #7 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I spent one night in Fairmont Nile city celebrating a special occassion. I don't know where to start but let's try. Starting with the room its super clean, spacious, with coffee and tea making facilities, v nice bathrooms with speakers inside and a bath tub from which you can watch tv in the room as one of the bathrooms walls is glass. Moreover I was booked in a city view room but the reception staff were nice enough to upgrade me to a side Nile view which was great. The room design is really unique and elegant.
The breakfast which was included in my room rate was so elegant an pd delicious with a wide selection of fresh juice and amazing orange juice. The bakery session was so special v fresh cakes and Danish. The restaurant got a great Nile view that is capable of energising you for the rest of the day.
We tried Bab el nil restaurant for dinner a very nice setting and friendly staff (I will review this separately). The hotel is connected to the the Nile city mall with an 8 screens cinema and a variety of restaurant, a pharmacy and a very good hairdresser. Overall stay was great will sure try to repeat it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Yara E, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your generous feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence. Your kind comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have greatly motivated them.

We greatly value your support and look forward to welcome you back soon at Fairmont Nile City.

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Cairo, Nile City

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Excellent service. All you could need of a 5 star hotel. Helpful and attentive staff, excellent rooms. Unable to find a fault. Great selection of tasty food for breakfast. Great views from rooftop bar/pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Adam,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your generous comments with the hotel team as it is a tremendous source of motivation for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am writing this during my stay at the hotel...

Let me start by stating the good things before mentioning the stupid nonsense rules at which they impose on their guests.

You will enjoy a nice clean room (which is something u expect from a 5 star hotel), good nile view, well trained staff, and some interesting interior design.

Nevertheless, some nonsense rules imposed by the hotel management could ruin your stay, it certainly did for me.

The first "rule" I encountered was that I cant keep my car key once the car has been parked in the hotel parking!! When I asked why, they had no reply other than hotel rules....call me crazy but I don't like valet parking personnel having access to my car as they previously bumped the car for me. I see no valid reason for not parking the car myself and keeping the keys.

Second and most shocking rule imposed by the hotel, is that you are not allowed to bring in your personal portable speakers and again when asked why i got the same stupid reply, hotel rules. To me music is important and being able to listen to my music while in the room is something I really enjoy but thanks to the hotel's rules i cant.

To some of you, the above might not matter, however, to me and some other people, it does and I really wish the hotel management does something to change the "rules".

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights then back for another night at the end of my Egypt stay. The rooms were excellent - loved the rain shower & the view of the Nile from my bath! Had lunch by the pool area & although a fantastic view - this is the only area that is lools like it could do with a bit of a revamp although the food/service was good. Ate at the Chinese/Asian restaurant & the food was great & the service unbelievable. This whole hotel excels with its customer service - from the door men to the concierge - Reception ladies could be a bit frosty & the understanding of English could of been a bit better but the guys were very friendly. Breakfast was very good especially with a table overlooking the Nile. The security was very comforting.

Room Tip: High up with views of the Nile
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eurockAustralia

Dear Madam,

Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have greatly motivated them.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Land of the Pharaohs and Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

i stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, i had a great time, service was Excellent , the staff were all friendly (from the vale to the manager), the room has a great view, breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT . if you ever go to Cairo my advise stay there ;)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Mohammed,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stay twice then everyone will know you, very good personalized service. View from the suite on the Nile is breathtaking. Wide dinning selection, very good cuisine. It is good to be a Fairmont Gold member, lot of benefits. The lounge is so relaxing with a variety of areas. Breakfast is very good

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Yara E, Public Relations Executive at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Rafic,

Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay . We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have greatly motivated them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

it was great time and enjoy the staff and the food
the pool on the top floor was great with great view over looking cairo and the room with 5* with an open bath top over looking the nile and every min was jjust great

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Magdy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Fairmont Nile City. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your generous comments with our hotel team as it is a tremendous source of motivation for us.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon to Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.