“Amazing Hotel and Service”

Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Leeds
“Amazing Hotel and Service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked a VIP stay at this hotel a couple of months ago, and firstly I have to say I have very high standards and expectations as my own home, Carr Hall Castle in the UK won the Channel Five series ‘ I Own Britain’s Best Home’ a few years ago.

My stay at the Fairmont certainly lived up to my standards and exceeded my expectations.
I was met at the airport and whisked to the hotel without any hassle and before I knew it I was in my room, the Presidential Suite.
I like contemporary interiors and this suite was styled perfectly – it has a modern art deco feel , very sumptuous with a living room, dining area and kitchen. The bathroom was open plan and had amazing views of the river nile from the bath.
Staying in the Presidential Suite you are looked after by your own butler, who was fantastic. Very attentive and professional but friendly too.
I love the little extras hotels provide and this suite had a grand fruit bowl, bowls of sweets , the latest magazines and lots of little touches I love. It was great to come back to my suite after the staff had created some hilarious characters out of the towels and used sunglasses and fruit as props - I loved their sense of humour.
The rooftop swimming pool had stunning views of the city and the nile, it was a great place to drink a cocktail and watch the sunset.
There are several restaurants in the hotel –The pan asian restaurant Saigon was worth a visit and I also tried the Napa Grill – Californian cuisine, which was nice too.
The spa is superb here too – I had one of the best massages I’ve ever had anywhere in the world.
Walking up and down the banks of the nile just outside the hotel I felt extremely safe and the people were very friendly. This is not something I would have felt comfortable doing if I’d believed what the media are writing.
In summary a real plush hotel, with fantastic service in a perfect location. I’m definitely looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: If you can push the boat out , I'd highly recommend you opt for the Presidential Suite - you won...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TerryGeorge_UK
Yara E, Public Relations Executive at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Terry,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Fairmont Nile City. We were privileged to have you with us and are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We thank you for your generous feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence.

Your kind comments have been conveyed to our hotel team which has greatly motivated them. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon to Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a fantastic stay at the Fairmont Nile City last week. While the hotel was mostly empty (likely hotels and places around Egypt) due to the recent political issues in the country, we felt privileged to stay at the Fairmont. Firstly, we saw and noticed no issues or problems in Egypt and recommend people should visit this lovely country. And if you visit Cairo, then there is no hotel better than the Fairmont! Outstanding breakfast, accommodations are truly 5 stars, great facilities, rooms. View of the Nile. Good location also. We were in the gold club and had access to not only their amazing breakfast buffet, but also their "afternoon tea"--which is far more than just "tea", their ample dinner buffet and more. Really nothing I can critique, perhaps some staff can improve their English, but this iss being overly picky and searching for a critique. Overall, an outstanding hotel that deserves every one of its 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jaylaw333
Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

We are delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have greatly motivated them.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Land of the Pharaohs and Fairmont Nile City.
Sydney
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nile Fairmont city
There were both good and poor aspects of our stay at the Nile Fairmont City Hotel.
First the good:
Rooms are well appointed with modern items of superior quality.
They are very quiet and spacious and the air conditioning worked well and was easy to control.
Lighting in the room is very tasteful and beautiful.
There were a lot of security staff present in and around the hotel which was very comforting.
The view from the pool deck was amazing (although a lot of young people had commandeered the sun lounges meaning we could not get one- returning some hours later we the situation unchanged). The "pumping music" didn't really make for allaying time.
The food and the service in the Champagne Bar were very good.
The breakfast buffet was the best I'd encountered.
The not so good:
Check in seemed to take a long time.
The TV was very high tech with a variety of stations to chose from. A staff member was sent to the room to "set it up". It was not just "turn on and start watching". One does not want to have to spend 10 minutes reading instructions on how to operate the tv when you arrive. Quality of the picture was not great.
The complimentary tea and coffee set was not well stocked and house keeping had to be called.
After returning to the room from dinner downstairs, the swipe keys for the room stopped working. We had to return to reception to have them reinstated.
The hot water took over 5 minutes to work in the vanity basin and the water did not recess from the basin (a problem with the plug).
Not really located in a nice area.
Wifi was available, but was very expensive.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paul1967sydney
torino
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Io e mio marito siamo arrivati in Egitto per il nostro anniversario mercoledì 3 luglio, il giorno del colpo di stato. Fortunatamente avevamo prenotato in questo hotel, più lontano rispetto agli altri hotel dello stesso livello da Piazza Tahir dove si sono svolte le principali manifestazioni. Arrivati al Fairmont senza valige, perchè sono state perse, ci siamo sentiti subito al sicuro. Lo staff aveva provveduto ad informarci che l'hotel aveva un servizio di sicurezza privata. Ci hanno fatto un upgrade della stanza con vista Nilo e fornito un kit con spazzolini, pantaloni e t-shirt per affrontare i disagi della perdita della valigia. Lo staff è stato gentilissimo, sempre pronto a rispondere alle nostre domande ed esigenze prodigandosi per rendere la nostra permanenza serena e piacevole. Abbiamo mangiato al ristorante dell'hotel visto che dall'ambasciata italiana ci è arrivato un messaggio di non uscire dai nostri alloggi. Tra i tanti ristoranti presenti nella struttura abbiamo scelto il Napa Grill dove abbiamo mangiato benissimo, osservando la festa per la deposizione del presidente Morsi.
Consiglio vivamente di soggiornare in questo hotel, sia per la posizione che per le stanze e la spa, ma soprattutto per il personale sia al front desk che al concierge, sia al ristorante per la colazione che per la pulizia e la sicurezza. Uno staff fantastico, sono loro che rendono questo hotel un 5 stelle lusso. Per quanto riguarda qualità prezzo, noi abbiamo trovato un ottima offerta su internet, non è caro ed è perfetto per visitare il Cairo, chiedete una stanza vista Nilo, un ricordo che porterete sempre con voi.

English version: My husband and I arrived in Egypt for our anniversary on Wednesday, July 3rd, the day of the coup. Luckily we had booked into this hotel, far from Tahrir Square where the main protest were taking place. We arrived at the Fairmont without suitcases, because they were lost, but we felt immediately safe. The staff had informed us that the hotel had a private security service. They upgraded our room with one with a view of the Nile and provided a kit with tooth brushes, pants and t-shirts to face the hardships of the loss of the suitcase. The staff was very kind, always ready to answer our questions and needs doing everything to make our stay enjoyable. We ate at one of the hotel restaurants because the Italian embassy suggested us not get out of our accommodations. Among the many restaurants in the structure we chose the Napa Grill where we ate very well, observing the party for the overthrow of President Morsi.
I highly recommend staying in this hotel, both for the position and for the rooms and the spa, but especially for the staff at the front desk, the concierge in the restaurant for breakfast and security. Fantastic staff, they are the ones that make this hotel a 5 star luxury. As for money, we have found a good deal on the internet, it is not expensive and is perfect for visiting Cairo, ask for a Nile view room, a memory I will always carry with me.

Room Tip: Meglio richiedere stanze ai piani alti per evitare il rumore della strada sottostante e godere di un...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nikky_7
Dear Madam,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We were privileged to have you and your husband with us for your anniversary and are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We thank you for your kind feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us.

Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which has greatly motivated them. We greatly value your support and look forward to welcoming you back soon to Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Service and value - Top notch. I got the early bird package (the one without a refund!) and getting a Deluxe room with a Nile view was certainly worth the $150USD. Of course, if you are a Fairmont President's Club (FPC) member, the complimentary WiFi rocks. Brought my own adaptor but discovered their power sockets are recessed and round! The concierge was helpful but given their English competency, getting extraordinary requests through would be quite a feat. Having said that, the Front desk experience would have been better if they were more conversant in English. (or I should have learnt more Arabic!!)

Sleep Quality - mmmm better than home!

Cleanliness - No issues with the room at all.

Location - Though some people might complain about its location, I found it pleasantly removed from the bustle of Cairo - the incessant honking gets to you, eventually! Also, having left on 28th Jun, I experienced a little of the tension that evening and it was pretty reassuring that the hotel wasn't downtown or near Tehrir Square.

Room Service - Well, this should really be the fault of the kitchen/restaurants. But I'll make a mention of it anyway. Egyptians must like their food well-cooked, like, REALLY well-cooked.
The first meal I had was Bab El Nil (which I had reviewed: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294201-d4411738-r164839559-Bab_El_Nil-Cairo_Cairo_Governorate.html) and then, thinking I should give the hotel another try, I ordered room service. I had Crispy Spring Rolls, Fish and Chips, Chicken Satay, and Beef Cheeseburger (which I wanted medium-rare)

The Spring Rolls, Satay and beef patty in the Burger were charred, and the taste of burnt food threw me off quite a fair bit.

As for the Fish and Chips, it had an Egyptian taste to it, so it might be a good idea to ask if they are going to prepare it with a local twist before you order.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wolfegod
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and would like to take that chance to thank you for your detailed feedback which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to Fairmont Nile City.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was there on a business trip. Value for money is exceptional. Friendly atmosphere. Spacious neat clean rooms . Ask for nile view. Was able to recuperate forgotten items after 24 hours. Thanks for the good security personnel. Would go back for sure on my next trip

Room Tip: Ask for Nile view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yara E, Public Relations Executive at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Mr. Bachir,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your generous comments have been conveyed to our security and hotel teams as It is a tremendous source of motivation for us.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.
Vancouver
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a great hotel and I would definitely stay hear again. Although the location was not really close to any main attractions besides the Egyptian Museum which is about 2.5 km away, it had an amazing view of the Nile. We paid approx $200 Cdn dollars per night for a view room and I think it was well worth it. The rooms are very nice, clean and in new condition. The amenities included roof top pool which was beautiful. The only downfall was that it closes at 6, so it was hard to make use of it on days that we were on a tour, it would have been nice to cool down after being in the sun all day. The gym is perfect, with a view of the Nile, new gym equipment with TVs and a great studio. All the staff seemed quite friendly. They also had great on site security,screening all vehicles coming into the facility, and having anyone coming into the hotel, go through a metal detector. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Get a Nile view room. We stayed on the 3rd floor which helps avoid the noise Other guests mentioned...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have greatly motivated them.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Land of the Pharaohs and Fairmont Nile City.