“Amazing!”
Review of Fairmont Nile City

Fairmont Nile City
Ranked #7 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Would give it 7 stars if possible!
Excellent service, very clean and comfortable rooms with amazing Nile view, very helpful professional staff, amazing spa, great food, small swimming pool but really nice one.

In one of my stays I complained to the manager that I urgently need a hairdresser and I made my plans that there is one at the hotel as written on their website And that I'm in a hurry and it's not my fault that it's not opened yet, they should've written this on their website. In exactly 3 mins they got me a car to drive me to a beauty salon at conrad hotel which is 3 mins away from Fairmont! It was really nice of them.

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone

Room Tip: Before you reserve your room apply for Fairmont's president club membership on their website, gi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maysadek
Maie K, E-Commerce Manager at Fairmont Nile City, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Ms. May,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We are really delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that we will share your kind comments with the hotel team as it is a tremendous sources of motivation for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Fairmont Nile City.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had a great stay at the Fairmont Nile City for two nights. The service was great, food was good and the room splendid. Efficient check in by the hotel's front desk and their concierge was useful in assisting with getting cabs and directing me around Cairo's attraction. Service was always with a smile and hotel staff could speak English pretty well. Was also impressed with the bar/club in the hotel which is a rarity in Cairo given the cultural background of the country. The rooms were spacious, bed was luxurious and toilet was superb. My room had a fantastic tub and there was glass wall so you could look into the room while in the tub.

Had no complains though it is a distance away from downtown. Would take a 10min ride to get there in good traffic. Twice, if the roads are bad. But since I take a cab everywhere, I had no problem with this.

Definitely recoomended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Ms. Hannah,

Greetings from Cairo, Egypt!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Fairmont Nile City.

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed in your hotel for three days with the group out of Canada.like I said before the service was exellent if you needed help from the reception the help you right away.The room was nice and clean I had a view to the Nile I will never forget my trip to Cairo,Egypt and I would recommend to all my friends to stay at your hotel.
Guenther Boeth,Canada

Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guenther,

Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your amazing feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have greatly motivated them.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Land of the Pharaohs and to Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am a frequent user for the hotel GYM&SPA and the hotel restaurants and the quality is remarkable. The Gym & SPA has an excellent view over the river nile. there is a wider variety of restaurants which can serve different tastes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Hatem,

Your generous comments have been conveyed to our GYM & Spa team which has greatly motivated them.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

New property, nice rooms with excellent roof top swimming pool. Access to the mall from the hotel itself is very handy, however the mall is very small and without any worthfile stores. There is no disco in the hotel and location wrt buzz of the town is not so good. If you want to choose a downown hotel to be close to nightlife, this is not good choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. R.G.,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

Please accept our sincerest apology for having failed to meet your expectations. We are equally disturbed that you were not guided to the Lower Lobby level where there is O Bar, which is our disco.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope that this incident will not mar your impression of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

On arrival at this hotel we were blown away by the service. We booked a club room & the attention we received at check in & on the first day was exceptional. Unfortunately the service in the club room & breakfast buffet slipped on the subsequent days of our stay. We could not understand why & thought maybe it was because we didn't tip on day one ( we did not have the correct currency). It was a shame that the exceptional service did not continue because it would have made our visit truly outstanding. Having said that would we return to this hotel? Yes we would it offers 5 star luxury & maybe there was a legitimate reason for the downgrade in service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle W

Greetings Ms. Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us regarding your stay at Fairmont Nile City.

We can really appreciate your disappointment with the problem you experienced during your stay. Please be sure that we will take all your comments constructively and will take all necessary steps to reduce any inconvenience in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm from South Africa, stayed for 5 nights at Fairmont Nile City. We landed in Cairo very early and reached the hotel at 645am. By 7am we were checked in our room even though check in is like at midday! The hotel is world class, compared to the filth everywhere and Cairo being over populated, we felt at home here. There are amazing views of the City from the Skypool on top, there's a Spa and Gym as well. The 3 restaurants that we ate were really really awesome and the food exceptionally good! One was American cuisine (burgers etc), the other Oriental / Asian ( curries etc) and the other Lebanese (Sikh Kebab etc). The Lebanese restaurant is a sheesha bar as well so I used to just chill out, watch TV or listen to music whilst smoking sheesha :) I almost forgot about the breakfast which was like nothing I've had before! The best part of the Hotel was that it has a two level shopping centre attached to it below the ground floor. The shops are exclusive international shops (Aldo, Starbucks), not really much to buy though however, some good restaurants for food lovers :) There is also a cinema as well, I did watch 2 movies (English with Arabic subtitles).

Other than that, the staff were excellent from beginning to end. I have none to complain about however, for the ordinary holidaymaker who's on a limited budget, everything's very expensive! The accommodation was not though but the food was like approx $100 for dinner for 3! For businessmen, this is the ideal place to go indeed!

Room Tip: Choose the Nile facing room! :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Zomarjee,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Land of the Pharaohs.