“Didn't like the hotel service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Cairo, Nile City

Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Ranked #6 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
washington, dc
“Didn't like the hotel service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stay here every time I have to go to our Cairo office, which is literally right next door in the Nile City mall. I always put up a fight with colleagues b/c I prefer not to stay here. The hotel service is awful, the restaurants pricey and the staff in the lobby are nasty. I always tensed up each time I walked in and out, as the guys would make cat calls. I would not stay here again, if I had it my way.

Who ever heard of a front desk that didn't exchange currency? I was told I had to wait 2 nights for the bank downstairs to open (they close in Fridays). It's a joke.

The rooms were nice, however. And the location is convenient. Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank RazzyRoo
Maie K, E-Commerce Executive at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this review, October 20, 2012

Please be sure that we take all the comments of our guests constructively and that we will take all the necessary steps to reduce any inconvenience in the future.

We are at your disposal anytime & we look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nites in Sept 2012.
Room was very luxurious, overlooking the beautiful Nile river. Great location, helpful and courteous staff, decent TV entertainment and a lavish breakfast.
The highlight definitely was the Roof-top Pool.
Completely satisifed with our experience.
Highly recommended for leisure as well as business trips.

Room Tip: Nile view rooms on higher floors for stunning views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

We were privileged to have you with us and are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Looking forward to having you again.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending two days at the hotel, great service, helpful staff, and the rooms are great and peaceful with minimum disturbance.

The pool is at the top, so you can enjoy a great view of Cairo while having a very peaceful and chilling experience.

My only comment is that maybe at the pool side they are understaffed, the staff where doing an excellent job but it would help if they had an extra person helping out as on that day there were many people at the pool and only two people serving, but otherwise they were doing an excellent job with great spirits.

I loved my over all experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah E
Maie K, E-Commerce Executive at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence.

Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team & be sure that we will take all the necessary steps to reduce any inconvenience in the future.
Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and i spent our first 3 nights in Egypt here and just loved it! The staff were fantastic always helpful and happy to help. All our meals were amazing! Our room had a great view over the Nile comfortable bed and pillows and the room was always cleaned spotless! An amazing modern hotel we really enjoyed our time here!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

Looking forward to having you again.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

One of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world - was impressed wih everything from the wow factor of the building and reception area, the luxury of the rooms to the attentive, helpful staff.

Have no idea on the pricing as stayed here on business but could thoroughly recommend this place to anyone, the sky bar and rooftop pool were perfect for a late night drink (and swim).

Location is beautiful, right by the nile, but does make a taxi essential to get to most attractions or the main areas of Cairo.

Only small grumble would be the food wasn't what I would have expected from a hotel of this standard but that may well have been as they were catering on mass for over 200 delegates.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to speak with us regarding your current stay at Fairmont Nile City.

We can appreciate your disappointment with the food quality you experienced during your stay. What you have described is certainly not in keeping with the standards of professional and attentive service we are known for at The Fairmont.

We are at your disposal anytime & we look forward to welcoming you again.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel a couple of days, it's located right on the Nile river next to few other 5 star hotels. Nice hotel and quite clean, the rooms are nicely decorated but the decor was not really to my taste as I am not a fan of dark wood furniture.

I reserved a Gold Club room with a Nile View, however I was disappointed with size of the room windows, you can hardly see the Nile from those small windows.

The rooms are clean and the mini bar is well stocked, in my opinion, this is one of the trendiest 5 star hotels in Cairo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex R
Maie K, E-Commerce Executive at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Please be sure that we take all the comments of our guests constructively and that we will take the necessary steps to inspect the size of the room windows.

We hope that this incident will not mar your impression of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I am a well traveled person and I have stayed in many 5 stars hotels around the world, so when I say that the Fairmont Nile comes definitely at the top of the range, I know what I am talking about.The hotel is very comfortable, chic and beautiful. the view from the room and specially from the roof where the swimming pool is stunning. As for the Willow stream spa, it is an experience from heaven that no one should miss. I have stayed for 3 days in this wonderful hotel and did not want to go out as I enjoyed very much the spa's treatments, the swimming pool, the amazing view and the delicious food in all the hotels' restaurant and the music and entertainments. I will never forget the memories I took with me after I left the hotel, specially the warm welcome and the friendly calm and smiling and always ready to help staff, who make every one feels that he is their one and only favorite guest. Thank you Fairmont' people. You are all shining stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank maaly e
Thank you for taking the time to share your current stay at The Fairmont Nile City with us.
We are extremly delighted for being able to meet your expectations.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.