“Quite an experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
$43.05*
and up
Pyramids Sound and Light Show with Private...
Ranked #3 of 7 Concerts & Shows in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: Every day when the sun sets, the bustling city of Cairo, the famous pyramids on the Giza plateau south of Cairo are absorbed in the darkness of the night, however, the great light and sound show bring them to life again. Thousands of years have passed since the Pharaohs walked on this Earth, but with your imagination and our show, we bring the history alive to you; every show provides attendees with a learning experience about ancient Egypt as of its significant beginning, the pyramids
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Been to the light and sound show at the pyramids a couple dozen times or so, accompanying visiting foreign guests from my work, I attended mostly in English and acouple of times in German. I personally found it entertaining, for the 45 minutes or so it lasts, and the first time I guess it was even educational :-) And my guests really like it, haven't had a single complaint over the past 10 years, I even had a couple of encore requests. Having said that, I agree with another comment I read here that the show can use an overhaul, after all these years, and yes, I agree that the place deserves better, I hope it gets this sometime soon.

All reviews
"dramatic"
in 8 reviews
"insight"

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went to the Sound and Light Show 3 years ago. I don't mind the cheesiness of it. The view is spectacular, and the show itself is not that bad. (It's only a 45 minutes.) The weather was lovely, and the event is well sited.

My complaint is that I went last night (post-revolution) and paid the 130 L.E. for V.I.P. tickets that formerly cost 90 L.E. (again, not complaining about the price hike). But then as I'm escorting a group of fairly prominent visitors that I've chaperoned out to Giza, the site's "authorities" decide to put us all through the most humiliating TSA-like security check that I have ever been through in my life. This is an open-air show. I live in Cairo, and don't even have to go through that level of scrutiny when I pop into a 5-star for a cocktail. Basically, I had to walk through a metal-detector 5 times---yes, 5 times---in front of the people I brought, strip off my belt, and on the dirty ground take off my shoes because the shoes have metal in them, and apparently none of the staff had a hand-scanner. I had to let them rummage through my bag and camera, so they could play out this ridiculous scene, and basically ruin the rest of the evening.

2  Thank faluccas_2012
Reviewed August 25, 2012

sound and light show talks about the history of the pharos and explains a lot. very nice show. plz check the schedule of languages

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'm sorry - this is a World Class Setting - it deserves a world class show!! How can you possibly let this same show continue after 20 years?? This is the Only Surviving Ancient Wonder of the WORLD!! HELLO??!! OK - colored lights, cool. a few green laser bits - OK. But an Ancient sound-track and an Ancient narrater voice, voicing over a bizzare story line - enough! Would not Spielburg and Industrial Light and Sound VOLUNTEER to design a World Class Show - on the PYRAMIDS, for goodness sake??!!
It was cool - i'll admit - but WAY below what it Should be.

2  Thank John R
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have to admit, when I saw this on the itinerary for the tour I was thinking that this would be the cheesy highlight of my trip to Egypt. I was quite wrong about my assumption. First, the setting - I mean you are literally sitting in front of the Pyramids at sundown - pretty amazing. We were told by our tour guide that photography was prohibited, so we only brought our iPhones, but Security let through many people that did not heed the warning with their large SLR cameras, which was upsetting since I am a big camera nerd. All in all, we were able to enjoy the show more, it was warm with a gentle breeze in mid-June, so it was not chilly. (But for the ones with the SLRs please turn off your flashes, they are quite aggravating to anyone enjoying the show and really you will not be able to capture any of the night pictures here with your flash!) Since the tourism industry has taken a hit, the only people in the audience were part of the 4 tour buses, so we were able to sit in the front row. Also, beware of ants where you sit as one guy in our tour happen to sit next to an ant hill that attacked him. Overall, I would recommend this for everyone to see.

2  Thank Angellica M