“Don't select this hotel unless you are really forced to”

Al Nabila Cairo Hotel
Ranked #100 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Milan, Italy
“Don't select this hotel unless you are really forced to”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I never see such a bad hotel in all my life. Even the most poor hotel is better. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Please go there only if you really do not have any other alternative. This is the list of the problem I faced during 3 days of stay: (1) the key may not enter the lock of the main door: I have to spend 30-40 seconds each time I want to enter the room; (2) the first day, in the batheroom there was only one shower towel; I asked at the reception to have one hands towel and one carpet to exit the thumb and they brought me a roll of paper toilet; (3) when arrived, the room furinure and the bathroom were completely full of dust, since the 2 days before my arrival there had been a storm. (4) once closing the door of toilet, the handle remains in my hand and I could not open the door anymore: they repaired during my absence; (5) the second day, when sit on the toilet, a huge quantity of dirty water has fallen from the roof, till I was completely wet: I could not attend a business meeting bacause my business attire was damaged. (6) My room was in front of the hotel: it was terribly noise because the "standard" Cairo traffic rumors enter in the room fron the weak window and I could hardly sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank filmar-it

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at the AL NABILA in Cairo during the end of a long tour, the hotel had been arranged by the tour group company.

The intial impression was "its OK but not as nice as the OASIS " which we stayed at during the start of the tour.

Its located on the WEST BANK of the NILE on a very busy road. There are NO public crossing points or traffic lights so crossing the three lanes on each side is pretty much taking your life into your own hands. Annoying as there is a COSTA (coffee chain) and Mcdonalds over the road.

The rooms are clean, but (as per another review here) there were no towels until we asked for them. Additionally after having our room cleaned we had to wait for the towels to come back from the cleaning - no spares apparently!

Breakfast was very disappointing. We had to repeatedly ask for cutlery. Jam was "on the tables" which meant you had to search for jam across the entire dining floor area, and glasses were apparently in short supply. The juice was not fresh, and there were ice cubes in the dispenser - no idea if they were local water (Cairo water is highly chlorinated and not good for a foreigner to drink). The selection of breakfast foods was very poor in comparison to other places we stayed in Cairo/Aswan/Luxor, just one type of cereal, no fresh fruit etc.

They don't seem very "tourist helpful", you have to ask specifically for anything, rather than the concierge desk offering you a tourist map or a hotel "card".

I recommend that when you get there you ask for a "hotel business card". Keep it in your wallet, and then you can show this to any Cario Taxi Driver as its in English and Arabic. A fare from even the EAST BANK area will cost no more than 20 egyptian pounds.

They had ONE single computer for visitors in a room near receiption. Its functional but there was no working printer. You have to pay for time buying tokens from reception.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank Mike B
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I was in Cairo for 1 month for official visit. Other than work we enjoyed a lot in Cairo. During our journey we stayed in Al-Nabila which is at Mohandussen in the heart of Cairo,about 2 km from Nile. Except cleanliness all was well in Hotel. Also as it was in middle of City ,noise was still there in rooms even in nights. Near nabila you have many things available like McDonald,Nike, KFC, Barista,Pizza Hut and many more things so will have everything you desire in a city. Al-Nabila has also a night club so you don't need to go in any other night club. As this season was Summers in Cairo so rate were year time high at Al-Nabila otherwise rates are moderate here for about 80-100 USD. So get ready for Journey friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank MVisitor
na
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We stayed at the Al Nabila hotel for one night in Cario. We were on a tour (with On the Go) so this hotel was selected for us.

The hotel is decent and clean. Rooms were confortable and clean according to egyptian standards. The only drawback is that the hotel faces a main road so traffic could be heard at night.

Location wise great as there is many restaurants and cafes near by. A really good restaurant near by is El Omida - serves great egyptian food.

Breakfast was included for us, and typical spread of egyptian specialties, as well as cereal, eggs and bread.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank blueberry090
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The rooms were nice and large, and well-equipped. But when we arrived, the beds were made but there were no clean towels, and the trash was full to overflowing. This was remedied when we asked. If you are a couple with more than two kids, you'll have to get two rooms, and I don't think they have any that connect. There is a pool on an upper floor, with a big wall around it, so you can wear your western-style bathing suit with no problem. The location is not near many good restaurants and shops even if you dare to cross the wide, busy street. Do you know of the video game Frogger? But they were remodeling parts of the hotel to put in more restaurants, so going out might be less necessary now.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank GAB104
United States
Reviewed January 25, 2009

We stayed for a couple of nights and I thought it was pretty good. Its advertised as a 4 star but in reality its a 3 - however in Egypt my experience is that you should always deduct one star from what ever is advertised.

That said the location is great - lots of restaurants and cafes around - yes you have to take a taxi to downtown but its not a big deal.

Breakfast is fine - again more in keeping with a 3 star hotel.

• Liked — Location - lots of restaurants nearby
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank MAJP_8
Kuwait
Reviewed January 23, 2009

It was so bad experience .. the staff was so rude .. the rooms and the bathroom was sooooooo dirty ... there's spots of dirt every where and the carpet was rotten ..
i also had bad experience one day that i never had anywhere else .. i was in the next room with cousin suddenly we had call from the reciption saying the hotel dosent allow visitors !!!!!!! what visitors we all have rooms in the hotel .. then they send us the security and he was trying threatin us that if i didnt go to my room he will call for police !!!!!!!!!!! i told him do it then he just disapear !!!!!!!!!!!!! that all cuz the one in reciption didnt know his job .. the next day the hotel manager called to appologized but after what ?????????? that was so rude and will never ever stay in that hotel again ...
more thing i have to mention ... The rooms was toooo small that i can hardly move and the hair dryer wasnt working and when i asked them to fix it they say it must be change and we're running out of hair dryers !!!!!!
the other room where my cousins live there chair was broken and he call to change the chairs for 2 days and he spend the whole days with broken chair !!!!!
everybody was nagging for money even if u gave them they want more !!!!!! and for bad service !!!!!!
that was sooooooooo horrible i hate that hotel never been to hotel like that in my life ...

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The whole other things
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chubby-Doll

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels