“Good value for money, but it didn't cost much.”

and 1 more site!
Al Nabila Cairo Hotel
Ranked #100 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
“Good value for money, but it didn't cost much.”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The rooms were nice and large, and well-equipped. But when we arrived, the beds were made but there were no clean towels, and the trash was full to overflowing. This was remedied when we asked. If you are a couple with more than two kids, you'll have to get two rooms, and I don't think they have any that connect. There is a pool on an upper floor, with a big wall around it, so you can wear your western-style bathing suit with no problem. The location is not near many good restaurants and shops even if you dare to cross the wide, busy street. Do you know of the video game Frogger? But they were remodeling parts of the hotel to put in more restaurants, so going out might be less necessary now.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank GAB104

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
United States
Reviewed January 25, 2009

We stayed for a couple of nights and I thought it was pretty good. Its advertised as a 4 star but in reality its a 3 - however in Egypt my experience is that you should always deduct one star from what ever is advertised.

That said the location is great - lots of restaurants and cafes around - yes you have to take a taxi to downtown but its not a big deal.

Breakfast is fine - again more in keeping with a 3 star hotel.

• Liked — Location - lots of restaurants nearby
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MAJP_8
Kuwait
Reviewed January 23, 2009

It was so bad experience .. the staff was so rude .. the rooms and the bathroom was sooooooo dirty ... there's spots of dirt every where and the carpet was rotten ..
i also had bad experience one day that i never had anywhere else .. i was in the next room with cousin suddenly we had call from the reciption saying the hotel dosent allow visitors !!!!!!! what visitors we all have rooms in the hotel .. then they send us the security and he was trying threatin us that if i didnt go to my room he will call for police !!!!!!!!!!! i told him do it then he just disapear !!!!!!!!!!!!! that all cuz the one in reciption didnt know his job .. the next day the hotel manager called to appologized but after what ?????????? that was so rude and will never ever stay in that hotel again ...
more thing i have to mention ... The rooms was toooo small that i can hardly move and the hair dryer wasnt working and when i asked them to fix it they say it must be change and we're running out of hair dryers !!!!!!
the other room where my cousins live there chair was broken and he call to change the chairs for 2 days and he spend the whole days with broken chair !!!!!
everybody was nagging for money even if u gave them they want more !!!!!! and for bad service !!!!!!
that was sooooooooo horrible i hate that hotel never been to hotel like that in my life ...

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The whole other things
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chubby-Doll

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Sussex
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We stayed here twice as part of an Adventure Company tour. The hotel is probably best described as 3* rather than 4* but it is clean and in a good location.

Food is reasonable quality - breakfast has the usual buffet selection which was always fresh.

Try and get rooms on high floors and I think they are renovating from the top down - first time we had a room on the 7th which was poor but on the 12th floor it was excellent having obviously just been updated.

The hotel is primarily a stopover for tour groups so there is always loads of people coming and going which can make some mealtimes a bit of a lottery but overall service was good and staff helpful.

• Stayed December 2008
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, as it was part of an Egypt tour we took. Although advertised as a 4-start hotel, I would much rather rate it a solid 3-star.

The good things: very nice breakfast, although keep in mind that the fruit juice is made with tap water not with bottled water. Some of the folks in our group had stomach problems because of this. The rooms were very large, with relatively new furniture. I found them kind of dark, but that may be because the windows seem to be so small. We had a big bathroom, clean to my satisfaction, though the toiletries provided were scarce to say at least. And here the good things end.

What I like less: had I mentioned that there were very little toiletries provided? This shouldn't be a problem, as I always bring my shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. Yet, I had never thought to bring my own toilet paper! Yes, we had to FIGHT to get some, as the roll that we found when we arrived was almost finished.

Did I also mentioned that the receptionists were unfriendly? This is a very nice way of putting things. In fact they were borderline offending, especially for women! I never blocked the door in a hotel when I traveled before, yet I did it here!

I have no good things to say about the location. There isn't really much to see in the area, and you'll need to call for a cab no matter where you go. Given the horrendous traffic from Cairo, this may be an issue if you want to get somewhere else in a timely manner.

To end here, no I would not recommend this place to anyone, especially to any woman traveling unaccompanied by a man. Pay an extra $50 and stay at a decent hotel: it will be worth it!

• Liked — Ok rooms
  • Disliked — The receptionists, the carriers
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank andreiuta
England
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 5 nights and quite frankly i won't be going back again. The first is its location, right in the suburbs on the west bank. The hotel is at least a twenty minute taxi ride to all of the major sites on the east bank, Islamic / Coptic Cairo etc. There are a only a couple of average restaurants locally and a large number of fast food outlets but nothing to shout home about.

The rooms are clean and nice if a bit dark. Also don't get a room that overlooks the main drag as the car hooting goes on well into the early hours. The pool was small and not very clean, the bell captain was efficient when ordering my many cabs but the reception staff were surely and uncooperative. As for breakfast, it was a very limited choice and what they did serve was cold. My recommendation would be to stay at a nicer hotel on the east bank, possibly the Windsor hotel, if you can find it. I stayed at this hotel with 'on the go' tours and wouldn't go back, although the dunes / tombs tour was excellent.

• Liked — The clean rooms
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank derbyshirenomad
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed April 3, 2008

We just came back from a 3 night package in Cairo offered by Air Arabia which included flight and Al Nabila hotel. Although billed as a 4 star, I would rate this as a 3 star hotel with a 2 star television - only one channel in English and that was CNN. We had an interior room so street noise was not a problem. The breakfast was adequate. The room was clean but dark. Plenty of hot water. There was no evidence of unwanted visitors while we were not in the room. Electrical outlet is configured for a 2, round post fitting. Good Italian restuarant around the corner next to Teriaki place. Good/cheap pizza place right next door. There is wireless access to internet in the lobby/restaurant for laptop but none in the rooms. Young staff were quite pleasant; older staff were, well, tired is a nice way to put it. Manage your small money carefully - there is very little change in Cairo - many vendors can not make change for 100 pounds (abouot $20).
We had a very good guide for the Pyramids/Cairo through Sinbad Travel. His name is Muhamed and I recommend him. Contact me for his details.

• Liked — No theft
  • Disliked — television
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JoeBSharjah