“Not recommended!”

Beirut Hotel
Beirut Hotel
Ranked #69 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed October 23, 2010

The rooms does not worth the cost. You pay much more the quality. We stayed there for 2 nights because we HAD to! We changed our hotel as soon as we could. Rooms and bathrooms were not so clean and new. Beds were OK. Not a rich buffet for breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank SomebodyGeneva

Reviewed January 23, 2010

The rooms at this hotel are big compared to the european hotels, but they do not look new. They are kept very clean. The staff was not only curetous, but went out of their way to aid me in coming and going to wherever I wanted to go, in a land that does not let women go wherever they want if there isn't a man responsible for your being. The food was fantastic and the pastries with tea, heavenly.

Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank roamingTeach
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I found this place and its staff to be welcoming, and the facilities and room were clean and well-taken care of. There is a safe in the room for valuables, and the high-speed Internet access (for which you have to pay daily) is reliable. There are better places to eat than the restaurant / bar, but overall I was quite impressed.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank kbard
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I was planning to stay with my family for 5 days. The hotel staff came to pick me up from the Airport. After seeing the room I realised that I am paying too much. The hotel is very old and not maintained well. The breakfast was horrible and very expensive. I found a very good hotel in the same area for reasonable price and left Beirut Hotel after 2 days.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank U_a_eAhmed
Reviewed August 29, 2007

In points:
-No parking place.
-you carry your own bags.
-A/C non adjustable.
- COCKROACHES !!!!!!!!!!!! in the bedroom, sorry actually on the beds.

The worst experience ever. there were 4 of us, booked two rooms. My sister wake up at 4 a.m. because a cockroach was taking a walk on her arm. we called the reception, they did not offer to change rooms, instead they send someone to spray it. With her Asthma, we ended up 4 in a room, not able to sleep untill sunrise. When checking out, to my surprise the management had no idea what had happened. We insisted on paying for only one room. But we ended up with only 15% discount.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Amag
Reviewed March 16, 2007

This hotel is very dated. The furniture and fittings are old and dilapidated, the tv and fridge didn't work, the room was very cold and the a/c didn't work well. The windows didn't close properly so there was a cold draught. We arrived at midnight so stayed for the night before checking out to a better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MMHLondon
Reviewed December 6, 2005

Hi,
I was suppose to stay in this hotel for 3 nights.
Out from the airport, I was fetched by the staff from the hotel. They provide free pick-up to and from airport!
After checking in at 12noon, I left my bag and lauggage inside my room (both are locked).
Went out immediately for a short tour and came back. To my surprise, I lost USD140 inside my wallet, which was inside my locked bag. I thought I lost the money before I reached Cairo, so did nothing about it.
Next day, I went out again for my tour. Came back, found that all my USD were lost. My bag which is locked, remains locked!

I know this is partially my own fault. But who would have guessed that money can go missing inside the hotel room and inside the locked bag.

I reported to the General Manager, he did not believe me. So I made a police report. He did not even bother to offer any solution. So I checked out to another better hotel.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business