“Siwa Perfumes”
Review of Perfume Factory

Ranked #26 of 115 Shopping in Cairo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

i had no idea this scam was happening cause i had a great experience in siwa actually. Our tour took us there though it wasn't in the itinerary. We had a fun time there they showed us their perfumes. I bought 6 bottles of 100ml perfumes and all 6 of them were right and smelled as it did when we came to the store. I didnt open the bottles until I was back home in my country. It was great and we had a fun time in siwa.

6  Thank s378
There are newer reviews for Perfume Factory

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I visited the factory on 29.7.2013, of course, taken by my guide. My first impression was great as the experiments and explanations were convincing. I bought four bottles: Lotus, Narcissus, Narwastoo and Sweet Almond; all were securely packed so I rather kept it as it was to travel back to the UK. When I got home and opened all, two had no scent, but Lotus and Narcissus did. I sent an email to the address on the receipt; it bounced back. I only remembered, vaguely, the properties of two of the oils. I think Narwastoo (which has no scent) is for pain killing. So far, whether it is a coincidence, my husband's pains on shoulders and fingers have been relieved. I am not sure if Sweet Almond (again no scent) is for smooth skin or for losing appetite. So far, whether I have been under the weather after travelling, I am not interested in food and have lost a few pounds. I have doubts because two bottles have no scent, two other bottles with scent seem diluted, no correct email address on the paper and I have read some bad reviews. I will write a review again when I am totally convinced if at least two are working because I shall be happy using Lotus and Narcissus just for perfumes.

5  Thank ScarletWood51
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The presentation & smell tests were honestly entertaining, informative & convincing (1 of the better tourist stores we've visited from all our travels). However, after reading the horrible reviews, we thought the worst after buying 6 medium-sized bottles for a couple hundreds USD.

1 bottle was immediately opened upon arriving home & so far it smells seemingly correct (may be a bit biased after reading all those reviews that the smells were different). I've used the Papyrus Flower as a deodorant (as suggested by the salesperson) for about a week now by applying just a dab into my hands & then rubbing them under my arms (after shower or when body still clean), as directed by the salesperson. So far it has repressed unwanted odor from morning to night & if it's truly organic, as we were led to believe, then it beats the store deodorants obviously.

None of the other bottles have been opened so we'll write another review after we've had a chance to test the others. By the way, as Egypt's tourism business has plummeted & not returned to "normal," one does have to be careful of unscrupulous operators, of which we believe to have fallen to our own tour operator; we'll detail our overall poor experience with Nature Travel Egypt Tour, booked by Ahalan Olympus' Indonesian representative office (in another review).

1  Thank agchen1
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have only just opened my bottles of essence and some have no scent at all. As with all the other reviews we were obviously ripped off. I am back in Australia now feeling very stupid as we spent $700 thinking that this was a legitiable place. I will inform the travel agent in Australia as the guide was organised from them. They may be able to get a refund.

6  Thank Lynette R
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our tour guide took us to this place and i am sure they have an agreemant between themselfes. I was with my BF and did not wat buy anything. I needed to go to washroom, when i returned, they have sold to my naiv bf already 2X 60 ml oil for 120 $. you pay in Germany for a very good oil in total maximum 30 Euro. They are such liers.

4  Thank farida f