“Don't know it”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't know it”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

it didn't sound good, not sure how this been added to the Cairo attraction list

1 Thank Mohamed Z

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Saskatchewan, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“1001 nights perfumery heaven scent”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Our guide took us here after the Giza Pyramids. It was a welcome break. We were treated to hot or cold drinks while seated on comfortable couches and entertained with a variety of wonderfuly scented perfumes. All were 100% essential oils, purchases were well packed for transport (travelled 3 weeks and got back to Canada with no breakage), and beautiful blown glass perfume bottles and burners were complementary with your purchase. I like my scent soooo much, and have received constant compliments on it, that I would like to buy more but cannot connect to the website. So sad. When I was in India this spring I found similar perfume but it is not quite the same :( Enjoyed the stop and have not regretted the purchase!

Visited December 2010
5 Thank travellinggal99
Reno, Nevada
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Siwa Perfume Factory: We Got Good Stuff...Nice Experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Strange to read some of the negative reviews of Siwa in Giza. We were taken there by our guide after we requested to go to a Perfumery and a Papyrus Shop. We were not taken there against our will. Once there, we got a very welcoming presentation of the glass blowing and a review of the products....probably the same routine as other people have received. We bought 6 bottles of essence and oils. Have now returned to the US almost 3 weeks after we visited Siwa and our products still smell as nice as they did there. No obvious separation as one would expect from a diluted product. The "tests" with rubbing into the skin and the tissue test for excess oil have all proved positive. The essentail oils have been use tested by a friend who is a licensed message therapist and she says the oils appear to be real to her. She also said that the bottle of Sandal Wood Oil we bought for approx. $50 US would sell wholesale to her for over $500 in the US. We have not invested in scientific product analysis, but we are using the products and happy.

So, really cannot understand the negatives on the Forum. Don't doubt what people are saying, but wonder if they (Siwa) only cheats some people? Are they under new management? Have they read the Forum posts and cleaned up a dirty act? Strange!

Visited October 2011
6 Thank Eddie L
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“SIWA perfume scam”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Please be aware of this place!! It's a total scam. What you smell is not what you are given. They are very slick con artists and pack a totaly different product (in the back of the shop) for you. It's incredible, as my friend told them he'd heard of a perfume shop that ripped people off and we were still conned!! If you like a bottle of oil that he's showing you, ask him to pass you that bottle and tell him you would like to pour some over into one of their smaller bottles. They charge 200 Egyptian Pounds for 50mls of rubbish. PS: don't take any of the... 'it's been in my family for 100 years and we live in the desert' or 'we crush flowers between granite'... seriously!

Visited May 2011
5 Thank dyan_11
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Siwa- great experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

we were taken by our guide to Siwa- we were treated like kings and queens- they sat with us and explained all the different perfumes- they even had oils for the temples of Egypt.... we also opened our bottles while in Egypt- they were fresh and very potent- there was no diluting- it has been a year since I was at Siwa and my oils are still very strong- I am sorry that someone had a bad experience- I have a hard time believing this possible- I would highly reccomend this- Family owned and run company- they have been in business for 140 years..... the store itself is very beautiful... a great place to go and experience "old school" or retro shopping- they bring you to a beautiful room and give you tea and juice... there are no other shops I know that still give this personal kind of service

Visited June 2010